Chapter 39: Act 2 - Wise or a Fool?

The various ministers and officials sat at their seats, watching and wondering what the Emperor had prepared that could beat the 100 year old ginseng.

But all that they saw were a confused expression on Empress Mu HuaRong and then the reddening of Emperor JunZhan as he slapped at the eunuch beside him, sending the man flying 3 feet and crashing to the ground.

"How could this be?! Death! DEATH for you. Such a simply order and you couldn't even keep watch?! Guard! Behead this useless man!"

Seeing the seething Emperor, his face flushed red from anger the little eunuch quickly got up and pressed his head to the ground.

"Emperor please have mercy. Your loyal subject has checked and checked again, the TianWu HuaMei powder was definitely in the box! I beseech wise Emperor to investigate! Your loyal subject have been wronged uh!!"

The eunuch cried out slamming his head to the floor loudly. Of course how could he reveal that he had played around with one of the palace maids in the back while he was supposed to keep watch on the box? His head would fly!

But he was sure to have kept the box right by the bedside where he committed the deed with the lady. There was truly no way someone could have stolen it right under their eyes. Unless... It was that maid?!

While the eunuch drowned in his misery, the other officials and ministers' eyes were wide with shock.

'The TianWu HuaMei powder?! How many millions of people would die just to acquire a small bottle of it?!'

It is said to have been refined with the ball held in the claws of a dragon. A miraculous powder that could turn even an old and ugly hag into a celestial maiden. Heal scars and even change face shape to beautify even those that God had abandoned.

"Who could have the gall to steal something here?"

"Tired of living?"

"Keep your voice down, lest we all get dragged in."

The various ministers mumbled and grumbled among themselves. There was definitely a show to be watched.

"Send guards to search! No one is allowed to leave! Anyone who resists ...KILL!"

Having heard the Emperor's orders, the guards quickly stepped forward.

The innocent ministers and officials stepped forward, with their arms apart, letting the guards inspect. They had nothing to be afraid of. Even their wives and daughters were not spared from the hands of the dirty guards.

But they could not voice their indignation and bit down their mouth, clamping it shut. Any resistance would have resulted in death and they were not stupid.

Of all the guests being searched, only a handful was spared. No one approached the Crown Prince RuoFeng as the glare from the Empress had sent them back.

Aside from that, there was another being that no one dared come near.

Sitting by himself, the aura around him felt like static electricity, cold and murderous even though the man was merely drinking his tea. As though the big commotion had nothing to do with him.

The cold blue eyes held nothing but a trace of anger. No guards would dare approach the devilish god of war.

Between the Emperor and the God of War, even if one was blind and dumb they still knew who they could afford to offend. Even if it was death on either side, they still couldn't find it in themselves to step closer to the frightening being!