Chapter 10: QinFei returns

" I've been wanting to ask about Ruyi." Feiyun asked.

Tian Huo's eyes returned from outside the carriage window.

"Ruyi is my head shadow guard and also a good friend of mine."Tian Huo replied a faint smile in his eyes, slightly gentle.

"Is he strong?" feiyun asked her fingers twirling the small teacup around.

"Not as strong as me." Tian Huo was slightly jealous, why is his wife asking about another man in front of him.

With a slight crease between his brows Tian Huo continued, "He might look like that but he patrols the estate and guards our main residence during his free time."

"Hmmm." Feiyun contemplated in her head. She agree that Ruyi looked gentle. If she had to describe him, he always had on a smile, his eyes were sly and cunning. As though always looking for people to tease. Ruyi reminded Feiyun of a fox.  She knew he wasn't such a simple happy-go-lucky person. 

When they arrived back, Tian Huo carried feiyun in and set her down once the doors closed.

"I have things to do, wait for me." Tian Huo said as he touched her cheek and left for the study room.

With his touch still lingering on her cheek, Feiyun quickly prepared to change out of her dress. As beautiful as it was, the dress was also very restricting of movements. 

Once in her comfortable silk gown, feiyun ordered for no one to enter the room and closed the door. Although to An and Xu, feiyun appeared to be resting, in truth she was cultivating her inner energy.

As evening was falling, feiyun was still holed up in her room. Her ears twitched slightly and she open her dark phoenix eyes, smiling slightly.

"So she's back."

*
"Who are you?!"

Xu asked cautiously,  her two wheel blades in her hands, ready to fight. Her fiery eyes fixed on the dark clothed figure in front of her.

In a moment, the black figure disappeared and closed in behind Xu,  knocking her unconscious in one strike.

An saw this opportunity and slashed towards the figure from the back, her Katana gleaming in the moon light.

"You think an assassin can sneak in to our prince manor? Foolish."

Just as An thought that she had gotten the assassin from behind. Her blade was stopped between the the person's index and middle finger.

'not possible. Such strength!' An thought to herself, stunned by the opponents ability.

Using the same move, the shadow knocked An unconscious.

Ruyi who had been brought over by the sounds, raged the moment he saw the two bodies on the floor.

Ruyi released an immense pressure onto the person.

In an instant, Ruyi and the figure started clashing. Their twin blades cutting at each other swiftly.  Ruyi's strengths  greatly surpass his opponent's but the other party was nimble and quick.

Ruyi was on the offense, he movement swift and deadly while his opponent could barely keep up. Between the two, only the sharp slicing of the air and sparks of their swords.

Just as Ruyi was about to deal a lethal strike. A small rock flew and struck his hand, stopping him and causing him to drop his sword that was about to hit the assassin's neck.

Feiyun who was watching the whole thing happen clapped her hands. Ruyi only looked at her a frown on his fox like face.

'was she the one who flicked the stone? Impossible, such strengths. From my investigation, she should have been nothing but a copper rank.' Ruyi thought to himself.