Chapter 13: Establishing Authority

A carriage stopped in front of the domineering gates. Engraved on the two large gates was a white tiger prowling down, their vicious fangs about the height of someone's head if they approach the gates. One couldn't help but feel intimidated. On both sides of the gates were marble white guardian lion statues.

"Inside the carriage are the sisters of Xue Feiyun, quickly go in and let them know, don't let my miss wait too long."

A small maid approached the guards standing outside and arrogantly ordered before turning around and helping the two ladies down the carriage.

The guards only stared at her and remained motionless.

The small maid upon seeing the guard's  attitude looked to Zhen Zhen who signaled with her eyes while hiding behind a fan. 

The small maid then took out a horse whip. It was thin and long with a small bead at the end.

With a smirk on her face, the small maid brought the whip down and whipped one of the guard on the face.

"Arrogant! This is the young misses of General Xue's manor!"the little maid screamed.

Yet the guard remained stoic as though no one was there, only the red stripe cause by the whip remained on his cheek. The thin whip had cut his cheek which bled while the bead bruised slightly underneath his eye, any closer and he would have been blinded.

Zhenzhen pretended to be angry at her maid and reprimanded her, of course she did not forget to tarnish feiyun's name.

"Who said you could make a move. Slap yourself once. Did working in older sister Feiyun's courtyard previously only taught you this was correct?"

The little maid saw that Zhenzhen was only pretending and apologised dramatically then gave herself a light pat on the face.

"Sister do we really have to do this? Is it mother or father's idea? " Qiqi whispered slightly fearful of the guard's unchanging glare as she tugged Zhen Zhen's sleeve.

Qiqi hadnt known that the idea to make a ruckus at the front gates to tarnish feiyun's reputation was all Zhenzhen's idea to get revenge for the crown prince's embarrassment that feiyun caused during the family meeting. 

Completely focused on petty revenge, Zhenzhen forgot that the house she intended to make a ruckus at belonged to the merciless god of war.

Qiqi on the other hand was blinded by her love and want to see Tian Huo decided to tag along with Zhenzhen. In Qiqi's head, she was so much better compared to feiyun how come it's not her standing by his side. She could not help herself.

"Who dares to cause such a ruckus so early in the morning?" 

Old Zhao's stern voice appeared from behind the small side gate in which servants and the like go through to get in and out of the manor.

Although Old Zhao had the qualifications to use the main gate but it was really too large and since it was just him one person why would he need to trouble people to open the large main gates.  

Upon seeing a old man appear from the side gate, Zhenzhen assumed his position is a just a lowly servant, not worth to put in her eyes.

Zhen Zhen arrogantly 'hmphed' while gently speaking but not forgetting to be loud enough for those commoners crowding near because of the commotion.

" I came on behalf of my parents. Seeing such an unfilial behaviour from my own sister, how could I bear to not teach her right from wrong for the sake of my parent?"

Zhenzhen's act of the delicate White lotus was truly perfect.

Upon seeing the family sigil on the carriage, Old man Zhao immediately recognized the family sigil and the the two ladies were the sisters of Feiyun. He turned his head and nodded to a small servant following behind him.