Chapter 38: Act 1 - Wine for the Princess Consort

"Congratulation Lady-Ah, should I say, Crown Princess Zhen Zhen." 

The old hermit looking official quickly corrected himself as he tried to please the newly conferred princess consort.

The various officials and ministers who were at the beck and call of the Empress started to quickly forge their bonds with the next Empress to be, gathering around the gentle smiling Zhenzhen.  taking turns to offer praise and worship.

Through the banquet, only two people were indulging in each other's company, not putting anything else into their sight.

Leaning slightly towards TianHuo,Feiyun silently sipped at her tea in her hands. With fair and slender fingers each movement was as graceful as a swan. Her enigmatic eyes slowly observing the people around.  

Upon seeing the slightest of movement, the various young lords, sons of ministers and officials who had been invited, obviously couldn't help but dart their eyes in her direction. 

Their lecherous gaze racing up her slim wrists that is slowly revealed by the sleeve that slides down slightly as she lifts the teacup to her lips but as their eyes slowly move over her white half mask that gently covered her flawless red lips, they were met with a cold and mysterious eyes that revealed nothing but gravity that stole their breath away. 

Although Feiyun knew that there were many eyes on her, she couldn't be bothered about them. She was more worried about the seething annoyance seeping out from the man beside her. Internally wondering if she should be laughing or crying for them.

'These idiots are fanning the flames that would burn themselves...'

If Feiyun hadn't specifically told Tianhuo to control himself, those heads would be on pikes with their eyes gouged out.

How could Zhenzhen put up with the fact that Feiyun was taking all the attention? Today was supposed to be her day! Being named Crown Princess and all she got were the bootlicking from old fogies that smelt of old people's diapers while the attention of younger lords and men alike were stolen by that ugly wench, even Ruofeng had his eyes on her the moment she walked in. 

Zhenzhen could tell that the look in Ruofeng's eyes had been neither surprised nor hatred, his eyes reflected the look of someone being mesmerized and bewitched by an enchanting beauty.

Beneath her long sleeves, Zhenzhen's fist were clench tightly her knuckles had turned white. She was unable to hide her dissatisfaction which the experienced old fogies had picked up on. They quickly either found excuses to leave her alone lest they get on her bad side.

'Wench! See if I don't deal with you today!'

With the flick of her sleeve, Zhenzhen turned and quickly made her way back to where the Crown Prince RuoFeng was seated. He didn't even bother to give her a glance and sipped on his tea, eyes dark with annoyance.

Zhenzhen bit her lip and sat 'elegantly', raising her hand slightly. The little maid from behind her saw the signal and quickly went forward bending low and awaiting Zhenzhen's order.

"What time will the gifting ceremony begin?"

The little maid nodded and quickly responded,

"Replying to Crown Princess, the gifting ceremony will be conducted in about 2 hours time."

Nodding her head gently, Zhenzhen appeared like a lovely White lotus as she sipped her tea. But her eyes revealed a malicious plan hatching. If one looked closely enough, one could see that her hand holding the teacup was trembling ever so slightly from rage.