CH 30

HAPPY READING

Drunk

For two minutes, Lisa stood outside her house door feeling angry, then she pulled out her phone and roughly dialed a number.

A person can be insulted but the note cannot be lost.  She already told Younghoon that she would get the note today.  It was not nice that the note could not be delivered.  This was a question of credibility.

Jungkook did not answer the call. Lisa thought for a while and concluded that he must still be driving and it was not safe to pick up the call.  So forget it!  She suppressed her anger and went back upstairs to her home sullenly.

She had waited for him for a long time with a hungry stomach and in the end, this was the result she got.   She decided she will go to the market tomorrow and buy a pile of claws to braise.  She will gnaw on it fiercely as if it was Jungkook.  The more she thought about it, the hungrier she became and so she cooked a bowl of noodles with three eggs to nourish herself since she felt very angry.

After eating the noodles, she looked at her watch and felt the time should be right.  Wherever he wanted to go, he should have reached the place by now, so she called Jungkook again.

This time Jungkook still did not answer.

Thinking for a while, Lisa decided to call again later.

After watching the TV for fifteen minutes, she dialed his number again but still, nobody answered.

Lisa's anger rose again. What is the matter with him?  Did she offend him again?  Is his temper so bad that he refused to answer the phone?

The more he did not want to answer, the more she wanted to call.

After twenty minutes, Lisa dialed once again but still, no one answered.  After another ten minutes, she dialed again, still, no one answered.

Lisa tossed her phone away.  She rolled up her sleeves and began to clean up the house.  She scrubbed, scrubbed and scrubbed until the rooms in the house were bright and clean.

After cleaning for a while, she called again.......then after cleaning for a while, she called again and eventually when she finished all the cleaning, she looked at the time.  More than an hour had passed but still, no one picked up the phone.  She could not control herself and called once more but there was no response.

Lisa sat down on the sofa and panted breathlessly.  Suddenly she became worried.

Although Jungkook's temper is bad and has an uncouth mouth, he is a very responsible person.  He will answer his phone calls and scold people, pass sarcastic comments and say unpleasant words but he will not be let anyone call him like crazy and not pick up the phone.

Did he forget about his cell phone and left it somewhere?

She thought carefully.  In the car, she saw him put his phone on the phone holder.  Maybe when he got down from the car, he had left the phone in the car?

But he is not such a careless person.

She started to imagine things and became more and more worried.  Did something happen on the road?  Is he alright now?  She could not control herself and dialed his number another two more times and each time she could only hear a 'beep' sound.

Lisa became restless and tried to control her chaotic heartbeats.  If he is alright, he will definitely return her call if sees the missed calls.

She waited and waited and until it was 11 o'clock but she still had not received Jungkook's call.  While waiting she had also called him several times and of course, there was no response.