CH 27

HAPPY READING

Asking for help

That night Lisa gave a call to Jungkook.

When the other end of the phone sounded with Jungkook's voice, she found that her heart rate quickened.

From her experience when speaking toJungkook, she knew it was useless to speak courteously to him. Therefore, after greeting him, she directly asked him to help her friend set an appointment with Director Liu.

On Jungkook's side, he obviously did not expect her to call him regarding such a matter. He kept silent on his end. Lisa was wondering whether this was too troublesome for him and whether it was inconvenient for him. She was already thinking of what else to say to him if he refused to help as she wanted to chat with him a bit longer.

Then Jungkook opened his mouth to speak. "Lisa, do you only call me when you need my help?"

"Ah?" If she calls him without any purpose, she will definitely get an earful from him, isn't that right?

"When you were enjoying yourself, eating, drinking and having fun with Jimin and the others, why didn't you remember to give me a call? When you need help then only you think of me."

"Ah?" How did he know she was at the gathering with his friends?

"Why did you say 'Ah'?"

"Oh."

Jungkook did not speak again.

Suddenly she felt anxious. "Dr. Jeon Dr. Jeon......don't hang up the phone."

"I didn't say I'm going to hang up."

"You always never say anything before you hang up."

"That was you."

"Yeah......." Correct.....she had hung up on him before......in the middle of the night.

"Are you going to talk to me today in an alien language of using 'Ahs' and 'Ohs' only? Is your brain having impaired language function and intermittent disorders?"

"No, no......." She bit her lip. Obviously, he was the one talking in the language of the violent planet of Mr. Tyrannosaurus.

"Then, does Dr. Jeon know Director Liu? Is it convenient for you to help me?"

In fact, whether he can or cannot help, she is not bothered. Well, she is never a kind-hearted person.

"Who is this friend? What is this friend's condition?" He actually asked.

"That is......that is Mr. Kim who was my blind-date the last time, the one whom my friend introduced to me." She told him about the illness of the uncle that Younghoon had told her and also mentioned that the family had failed to make an appointment with Director Liu even though they had tried for several months. Then she waited for Jungkook to answer.