His Warmth

Set a few months after the barrier was destroyed, due to the rush of royal wedding orders as well as Mal's extravagant wedding dress, Doug has had to go on a business trip alone leaving Evie with all the orders...

Evie's POV
Doug's on a week long trip, Dizzy's at Celia's, Jay and Carlos are on at an away tourney game and Mal is at a royal meeting so I feel incredibly lonely, I just want my Doug, I want him to hold me close to him. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a knock on the door, hoping that it was someone to hang out with. To my surprise I opened the door to see a worried looking Dopey. "Oh My God Evie Darling!" He spoke scared while pulling me into a hug, Despite my mother being Evil Queen, Dopey treated me as his own, "Dopey? What's wrong?" I ask worriedly, "Why don't we have a cup of tea eh?" He responded changing the subject. I just nodded and invited him in, he walked over to the couch and gently sat himself down. I made him his usual cup of tea and grabbed his favourite biscuits, Oreos and carefully walked over to the living area. "Thank you darl" "So what's wrong you seem a bit upset" . He remained silent, "Have you heard from Doug recently?" "Doug? Well not since this morning he was in his hotel before the first meeting, Why?" "Well He..." "Dopes you're scaring me now just tell me!" I snapped at him, "He's missing!" Dopey yelled at me. "What?" I asked stuttered and in shock, "He was last seen being dragged into a pick up truck in the middle of the city" he spoke with his head in his hands, "Well have you called the Auradon Guard?" "Yes...and Ben, Mal's on her way" ...

~~~~~~
I can't help but worry I'm pacing back and forth and back and forth around the kitchen over and over again, tears stinging at my face. "E would you sit down?" Mal asked, She had arrived a few minutes ago after leaving the meeting early. "How can I sit down M!? He is out there somewhere that we don't know!" I snapped, I can't help but worry, I just want him to be safe. "E Come here" M spoke as she pulled me into a hug...

~~~~Meanwhile~~~~

Doug's POV
I wailed in pain as I was punched and kicked for god knows what time, "Shut it!" How did I get here you may ask, the meeting was a scam I don't know why or what there doing but I just hope E is safe. "What do you want?" I asked once I had caught my breath, "We want cash! And we want it now!" One of the four thugs spat at me. "How much?" "3grand" only three grand, these aren't the best robbers are they. "Well what do want from me? You've already taken: my phone, my wallet as well as my promise ring I share with my girlfriend! What more do you want!" "WE WANT YOU TO DO A LITTLE JOB FOR US IS THAT OK?" One of the thugs spat getting all up in my face. "Fine!" I yelled...

It's been a few days since Doug's disappearance, Evie is in pieces and spent most of the two days in her bed. Mascara staining her face. Dopey has been making missing posters, Mal has been trying to help Evie the best she can. As for Doug unaware of the panic of his relatives has been attacked and locked in a room with no food or water despite doing all he can to be set free by his captors...

Evie's POV
I feel empty, he could be anywhere, alive or dead? My heart aches, in pain, in fury and in sadness. I want my Doug back! I want to feel his warmth, I want him to hold me close to him and hug me tightly. I need him! I felt my skin strain as a blinked due to the dried mascara struck to my face. I heard the door slowly creak  open revealing Mal holding a ham and cheese toastie and a glass of apple juice. "E I got you some lunch" "I'm not hungry" I mumbled into my duvet "E come on you need to eat something" she insisted while placing the plate and juice alongside the uneaten breakfast she brought in earlier. She sat herself down on the edge of the bed, "look E if your gonna be like this, at least come downstairs and watch a film with me, come on we can take that makeup off...

Eventually Mal convinced Evie to come downstairs, she removed her dried makeup, braided her hair into french braids and got her navy with red hearts onesie. Eventually got her to drink some hot chocolate and eat some fries. Doug had just been sent on another dodgy deal, this time in a desire for freedom.

Doug's POV
I was finally set out on another delivery, I limped  around the corner from the den throwing the package into a nearby alley way. It was just my luck I saw an Auradon vehicle heading towards me. In a random flash of thought I limped into the road towards the car causing it to come to a stop. I rapidly banged on the windscreen screaming and begging for them to help me. I felt so overjoyed when I saw Jay and Carlos exiting the vehicle. "Doug? Where have you been Evie is sick with worry", I just collapsed into both of their arms coughing and whining in pain "Help mme " "Doug we gotta get you to the hospital!" Carlos insisted helping me up, "no I need to see Evie!" I snapped while dragging myself into the car. After a few minutes of driving I eventually asked "How's E?" Carlos and Jay looked at each other and back at me in sync "We have been away at a tourney game but according to Mal she hasn't left her room for days, barely eaten and drank anything, Mal text earlier to tell us she managed to get her to eat something and they were watching a film" I felt instantly guilty over the pain E has gone through. I need to see her. As soon as I reached the cottage I limped as fast as I could to the door.

Mal's POV
Me and Evie were having a movie marathon when the door swung open causing me and E to whip our heads towards the door. In stumbled, Doug? He looked in a bad way. No glasses blood tricking down his face, clutching his stomach in pain , his ankle seemed sprained and he was covered in dirt. Evie didn't even stop to think she ran up and collapsed into his arms in tears "DOUG!" she screamed in relief before they both dropped to the floor in tears holding each other, feeling their warmth, this was interrupted by Jay and Carlos opening the door, "found him!"

A/N- I FINALLY UPDATED!! sorry about that lol, anywayyy, Oooooo, please leave ur opinions and suggestions in the comments below! Hope u enjoyed this chapter ❤️