Fire~Part Two

At the hospital, Doug is pacing up and down the family room, Ben is trying to calm him down while Mal is tucked up on the chair silent, tears escaping her face every now and then, Jay had just entered the room after being checked over, a small dressing on his wrist. There has been no news on Evie or the children, Meanwhile Carlos was being checked over...

Carlos' POV
The nurse says I have to have a few stitches in my hand and a dressing on my leg. She excuses herself and I rest my head back on the chair I was sitting in. Suddenly the door burst open and slammed almost instantly making me jump and look up to see Jane. "C what the hell were you thinking! You could of been killed!" She yelled, "JANE MY SISTER, NIECE AND NEPHEW WERE IN THERE WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!?" She jumped back in fear, I reached for her hand which she took and pulled her into a hug, "I'm sorry, you know I didn't mean it, I'm just worried about E" she just hugged me tighter. I had a flash of thought "babe where are the kids?" "At home, with my mum, wondering where there Daddy is"... The nurse came and dressed me and told me to stay on crutches for 4days. I wobbled out of my ward towards the family room, meeting Ben, Mal, Jay and Lonnie in there...

Mal's POV
Carlos wobbles through the door. I give him a quick hug. "Any news" he asks worriedly. I couldn't find my voice so Ben interrupted. "Elvis and Darcie are awake, Minor smoke inhalation and a few burns, they have to stay the night, As for Evie she's not so good, she's got burns up her arms and legs and a minor face burn, she ain't woken up yet and no one is allowed to see her, Doug is with the kids" I couldn't help it, tears began streaming down my face. The gang quickly noticed and asked me what the problem was. I couldn't take it anymore so I let my guilt out. "Evie asked if I could go with her and the kids to the magic dreamworld with Elsie and Opal, I said that I couldn't do today. It's my fault! If I agreed we wouldn't be in this situation" I cried as I broke down in tears. Ben wrapped him arms round me and pulled me into his lap as I cried harder and harder. Everyone was telling me it wasn't my fault but I can't get over my guilt...

Evie's POV
I could hear a faint beep, where am I?, where are my family?. I tried my best to open my eyes and I was blinded by the light. My hearing is all messed up. I felt something covering my face, I can't breathe, I can't help but start screaming, the pain smashed my limbs and whole body. Nurses were around me trying to hold me down and calm me down. Where's Doug?!, I want my Doug!

Doug's POV
Darcie was heaving a nap in her bed while I was talking to Elvis. "Daddy where's mommy?" He asked. I didn't know what to say until I had the guts to hold him close to me and say "Mommy's a little bit not well, She is getting better but for now we can't see her" I hadn't even finished what I was saying before he dropped off to sleep in my lap. I carefully placed him in his bed, kissed both of them on the head and slipped out the door quietly. I was quickly met at the door by Jay. "Man you gotta come fast it's Evie!" He spoke breathlessly. I reached Evie's room within seconds of running. She was screaming my name while being pinned down by nurses preventing her moving. I rushed over and looked into her eyes. "Shhhh shhhh I'm here darlin I'm here, don't cry" I whispered soothingly, she instantly calmed down. I pressed a soft kiss on her cheek. Thank god I haven't lost her...

A/N- Thanks for reading! Sorry for the slow update but hey it's here now, let me know your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below, Hope u enjoyed! ♥️♥️