lit.. literally

"Boy I oughtta slap yo ass for leaving without sayin nothing."

Lavar wasn't slow to scold Melo as soon as we walked through the door. It was seven in the evening and Melo and I had just got back from Wingstop after he picked me up from the apartment.

More like saved me.

"Sorry big baller, my girl needed me." A wave of warmth washed over my face and I couldn't hide the smile that was now present on my face.

"You do what you need to do son but now it's time to get back to work, you hitting the weights right now."

I look back at Melo and he threw his head back in distress. I let out a laugh and Lavar drifted his attention on me.

"Hey little Kuzma, sorry but I gotta take this knucklehead to the weight room to get him right." Lavar says and shrugs his shoulders.

"It's fine, I was planning on hijacking his PS4 anyway." I explain and set my bag down at the door.

Melo smacked his lips, "You gone do my challenges on Fortnite for me?"

"Hell naw, Im gone buy a new skin with yo vbucks." I smirked, thinking back to the first time I was in his room.

"Ay, you not finna disrespect me like that."

"What why not?" I ask him making my way through the house and he trails behind me.

"Cuz it if you disrespect me imma have to—" he smacks my butt.

"—clap that ass."

"Ow! what the hell?" I turn around and Melo has the cheekiest smile I done ever seen, revealing his dimple on the right side of his face. His smile was blinding as he continued to showcase his teeth to me, laughing up a storm.

After admiring him for a moment, I roll my eyes.

"Melo!" Lavar yells from the from the other side of the house.

"Hold on big baller!" Melo says and steals a kiss from me before running in the opposite direction.

I shook my head, huffed and continued my way throughout the house.

In the living room, Tina was sitting but she wasn't alone. She seemed to be having a lively conversation with a girl.

The floor creaked in a small spot where I was standing and both of them turned my way.

"Hi, Maya. So good to see you!" Tine waves at me with her prominent hand. Her smile was wide as if she hadn't seen me in years. I was delighted that she was glad to see me. The way she perceived me kind of mattered to me, she was my boyfriend's mother after all.

"Hi Tina, it's good to see you too." I make my way over to her for a hug. The girl beside her sent me a small grin as I pulled away from Tina.

"Hi I'm Ally, Lonzo's girlfriend."

Ohhh, so that's who she was. Damn Lonzo didn't take long to recover from his previous relationship I guess.

Her curly brown hair fell to her back as she gave a white teethed smile. You could barely tell she was wearing makeup but it was there, small hints of highlight glimmering from the corners of her eyes. Even sitting down you could tell she was skinny as hell. Her physique was like any other girl you would see in Los Angles, California: smallish boobs, flat stomach and at least some ass. It was hard to find anything wrong about her because she seemed almost flawless.

But those were always the ones who were hiding something.

"Maya." Short and sweet, I introduced myself. She seemed nice but.. there was something off.