trial and error

Nerve.

That was what I was feeling.

But could you blame the virgin that was about to get deflowered? I knew that the feelings I had for Melo were very flagrant and that was clear to see but I feel if you save and give yourself to the person you love then, the relationship is at a whole different level at that point. It all happened so suddenly too.

I had never been with a nigga that made me question my sanity before but when I'm with him, reality almost feels as if it ceased to exist. My conflicts and problems always seem to recede whenever I see his damn face. It didn't make sense, but I honestly found it delightful.

"Are you sure, baby?" Melo had a questioned look on his face. His brows furrowed a bit waiting for my answer

A while back, I had admitted to him that I was a virgin and he told me that he was willing to wait until I thought the time was right. The way he had responded to me being a virgin only made me want to give myself up to him even more.

I knew I wanted this with him and there was nothing, and I mean nothing that could change my mind.

I nodded my head, answering his question in silence.

With his big warm hands, he slid my bottoms off. Another layer shed to expose my body. He eyed the sheer black lingerie and bit his lip.

A shiver was sent down my spine. A few moments later, I had a small urge to cover myself up with my hands because I felt so on display.

"Don't hide from me." Swiftly, he moved my hands to the either sides of my head but I removed my hands from his grip and firmly tug at his basketball shorts so they could fall down revealing his PSD boxers.

Just Friends it read.

We sure as hell wasn't just friends shiiit.

Melo and I continue to connect lips and fiend for each other until he pulled away and lifted himself from off of me.

At first I was confused as he began to look around for something that obviously wasn't visible to his eye.

But then it came to me.

He was looking for a condom.

I rose my legs to my chest and hugged my knees while he shifted around the hotel room to find the thing that would prevent us from having children.

"Fuck.." Melo cursed under his breath.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked him as he plopped back down on the bed.

"I ain't got no damn condom."

Devastated, I let out a small sigh. I mean I really was looking forward to getting my virginity taken tonight from the nigga I loved but I guess some things are meant to be waited out. Shit, enough being positive.. I really wanted him to just go in me raw.

But maybe that wasn't the best idea.

He looked so damn sexy in those boxers of his. Turned away from me, I had a full view of his back. His back muscles flexed as he put pressure on the bed to rest his arms backward.

"Damn, now next time I should probably come prepared huh?" He turned back, his attention on me.

I let out a small laugh, "Damn straight."

Melo turned his full body towards me and caressed my face, "Don't worry, when we make love it's gone be special. I promise."

I couldn't help but nod and believe every single word.

The sun attempted to peak through the dark clouds. I slid my head down a little lower, still leaning against the window.