game day

Space Jam played on the large flat screen television in the apartment living room. A loud ass snoring Melo lied on the couch sprawled out, his head in my lap.

He seemed peaceful and innocent while he was sleeping. His mouth was slightly agape. He slept like a baby to say the least.

As the movie played, my eyes began to get heavy because, I myself, was tired so I tried to move Melo's head from my lap so I could move closer to the arm of the long couch so I could lay down.

But before I could even get up, Melo pulls me into him, supposedly still sleep. My back was now against his chest and his left arm was wrapped tightly around my waist. I could smell his cologne it was a delicious scent. I was too tired to fight Melo on this stunt he pulled so I just let sleep engulf me.

_____

Moments like these, I wish could last forever. I was warm and I was having a good ass dream about eating all of the pancakes I wanted. Random? Yes. But was hungry.

A splash of cold water ruined this.

I rub my eyes viciously and sit up on the couch. I could feel the presence of Melo still behind me.

Two very ignorant basketball players came into view, one with a now empty cup of water and another grabbing onto his knees because he couldn't stop laughing.

"What the hell Lonzo, Kuz." Melo's sleepy voice erupted from behind me. His voice was raspy and hot. I contained my emotions.

"Yeah, yaw play too damn much." I added glaring at Kyle the most. This looked to be his idea, I mean he was the one with the cup in his hand.

It was now 7:34 and I didn't even realize that Melo and I had been asleep for about two to three hours now.

"Yaw was lookin comfortable." Lonzo said.

"Yeah too comfortable." Kyle added in. They were both trying to keep a laugh in until they couldn't anymore.

They were laughing so hard and loud. Ignoring them I get up from my place and head to the bathroom. I needed a hot shower.

____
Today was Friday.

The week was finally coming to a close and I couldn't be any happier. My school work was slowly piling up and I was little stressed out so I was excited to this small weekend break to collect my thoughts.

When my parents enrolled me into Chino Hills, I was offered to take advanced classes. I couldn't turn down the offer. I was fourteen when I made the decision that I didn't want the basketball life, of course my parents were a little bummed out but, they wanted me to do my best in life no matter what I wanted to do. My goal was to be eligible to go to any college in the country. I loved taking care of people and I wanted to help others but I was also very passionate about traveling. I wanted to get out and explore. Flint had been such a small place and I want to make up for lost time. When I turned fifteen, I had made a decision. I wanted to go to school to become a traveling doctor. It was a small dream and Kyle always teased me about it, but I didn't want to be something so big. I wanted to help out on the sidelines and keep to myself. I wanted to be reserved.

Here I am now, in Chino Hills, California. Yes things change, people change, but that's just life and I'm finna go along with it.

Today I was going to Gelo's practice game for Summer League and I was finally gonna meet Jaden. That's another thing, summer was coming up and I knew that it would be great to take a step back and look at things and take a nice breather. I had a feeling summer 2019 would be amazing. May was around the corner and that just reminded me that June was right after.