this could be us

The day was already off to a rough start.

Lavar was upset because there was a small dispute between him his son.

Lately, there had been talk about the brand starting back up again and Zo didn't necessarily want to be apart of it.

I knew that for a fact.

Whenever he would come over, he would complain to Kyle and I about how his dad wouldn't shut up about the Big Baller Brand. He was sick of it.

Lonzo personally thought that the brand should just stay down, thinking it was best for him and his family.

Lavar obviously had other ideas.

So here we are, awkwardly eating breakfast.

It was a gloomy Thursday morning and we had two more full days in paradise, although it didn't feel like paradise right now.

"You gone eat that?" Melo breaks the silence pointing to me plate.

We've gotten closer over this trip it was obvious to see. Melo was such a character and I couldn't get enough of him. Everyone saw it, our chemistry but it was something we had to find out on our own.

I never would've thought that I would be calling LaMelo Ball my best friend but here I am.

"Oh, no. I'm not that hungry." I slide my plate closer to his so he could retrieve my two waffles.

"Speak if you got something on yo mind, son." Lavar spits from across the table. The tension was thick between Zo and Lavar. It wasn't the best for them and they needed to work things out.

I knew Lavar had love for his son but he also had love for his brand and no one and I mean no one could tell him anything bad about the Big Baller Brand.

"I ain't finna deal with this bullshit." Lonzo abruptly leaves the table and walks outside.

The worried look on my face caused Melo to rub circles on my left thigh.

"See the boy ain't thinking right, why try to fight me on something that's right?" Lavar lets out a long sigh.

"Calm down, honey." Tina slowly rubs Lavar's hand.

"Come on baby, we going on a helicopter ride I need to get the hell out of this place."

Tina dusts off her hands and gets up from the table.

Oh so they had it like that.

"Wait so yaw just gone leave the rest of us here while yaw go on a damn helicopter?" Melo asks, baffled.

"Boy shut yo ass up. Your mom and I need some alone time." And just like that, Lavar was grinning ear to ear like nothing happened.

"Oh stop it." Tina slaps Lavar's shoulder.

They got their things together and they were out the door.

Denise had left the table to feed Zoey a little bit ago.

Kyle had got a face time call and had been in room ever since.

Dmo had to leave early to work out some things with the NBA and such.

"So do you guys wanna do anything?" I looked over to Jaden and Gelo they were the last two left.

"Hell no. Not with y'all little kids, I'm trynna spend time with my girl." Gelo declines the offer, pulling Jaden out of her chair and into their room.