86| Something's Off

Start from the beginning

'I need to clear my thoughts.'

His fingertips ran under the water as he blankly stared at himself in the mirror, having not moved for at least two minutes now. His hands stayed put as the cold water hit them, his face not changing until some kid walked in.

He quickly washed his hands and exited the washroom, his mind filled with endless thoughts all over again. They just won't go away.

Minseon returned to the area where the werewolves were waiting for him at the table, some of them still watching [Y/n] and discussing her strange behaviour.

He stayed there for the rest of lunchtime and then returned to classes without seeing or speaking to [Y/n]. He didn't want to do it yet since Jacob was still looming over her. He was just plain weird, wasn't he?

The bell run and kids were glad to be free, even for just a little bit. School wasn't over just yet, but it would be very soon.

Some students were chatting amongst one another in the halls and others were sitting outside or in their classrooms.  Minseon was walking down the hall when he seen [Y/n], not a single sight of Jacob around her.

The boy quickly took this chance and ran up to [Y/n].  "H-Hey!  There y-you are!"  he called, stopping his feet in front of her.  "You ha-haven't spoken to me almost a-all day."

"Sorry, I was hanging out with Jacob,"  she replied with a goofy grin.  "Is there something you needed, Minseon?"  [Y/n]'s tone seemed strange as she spoke.  She sounded like she either didn't really care much, or she might have been daydreaming.

"A-Are you okay?"  Minseon asked as he looked to her eyes.

[Y/n] giggled,  "why wouldn't I be okay?"

"Y-You acted all w-weird yesterday and now y-you've been avoiding m-me,"  the brunet said with a slight frown, lowering his head.  "Did I d-do something wr-wrong?"

[Y/n] shook her head and suddenly started to smile brightly.  "Jacob-oppa!"  she called out into the hallway.  A certain someone (Jacob) chuckled upon seeing her so happy to see him and ran over to her.

"[Y/n],"  he said with a smile as he held her hands with his.  "You've been waiting long?"  he asked.

"No, not at all!"  she instantly replied in a cheery voice.  "While I was waiting, Minseon came up to me and we spoke for a bit."

"That's nice,"  Jacob nodded and turned to Minseon with an off look in his eyes.  "Hi.  I'm Jacob, [Y/n]'s boyfriend."  Jacob let that so easily come out of his mouth that it shocked Minseon out of his thoughts.

"Wh-What now?"  Minseon was super taken aback and confused beyond belief.  His heart was hurting at the words that left Jacob's lips.  The words he never thought he'd ever hear in his entire life. 

B-o-y-f-r-i-e-n-d.

He never knew it would hurt this bad, so bad like his heart was crushing bit by bit.  He stepped back and turned to [Y/n] and seen a weird, short glint of pink flash in her eyes.

"I-Is this true?"  he asked hesitantly, hoping it wasn't on her end.

[Y/n] broke into a happy smile and leaned on Jacob's shoulder.  "Yeah, we're dating now."

Minseon shook his head and backed off.  "R-Really?" he choked, his heart hurting. "Wow, um, c-congratulations, y-you two."

"Thanks,"  Jacob said, wearing a grin as if he was just crowned king.

"I-I'll see you l-later, [Y/n]..,"  he mumbled before leaving the hall without another word, not even giving a wave to his friend.

He couldn't stop replaying Jacob's words over and over in his head, saying the same thing on loop and it wouldn't stop.  It was bothering him more than he thought it would.

♥︎ a/n ♥︎
Hey guys. I'm back again with another update. Thank you guys so much for being so understanding and nice to me these past months. You all support me so much on so many different levels that it's actually insane.  I'm so happy for you guys and to have you as my readers.  Again, thank you so much.