“She went back to the chambers,” Draco replied, biting back a snobby retort.

Theo slowly sat back down. He was torn between going after Hermione to see if she was alright and staying to listen to what Draco was about to say. Theo decided on the latter. Whatever Hermione said that made Draco show his face right after he had blown up, must have been good.

Draco stood in front of the booth, mindful of the eavesdroppers. None however dared to look him in the eye, too scared. If the infamous Draco could snap at his own friends what hope did that leave to the others? If anything, Draco made his reputation even worse.

Draco stared at Pansy and stood up straighter. He took in a deep breath, not believing what he was about to say. What he Draco Lucius Malfoy was about to do, he could not believe he would have to stoop so low.

“I-I’m sorry Pansy,” Draco stuttered. He found the words too thick on his tongue and left a weird bitter taste in his mouth. “I apologize for yelling at you. I did not mean to hurt your feelings and was just angry.”

Pansy as well as everyone else for the matter stared at Draco with surprised eyes. Draco Malfoy, the ex-Death Eater, was actually apologizing. Everyone was shell-shocked. No one had ever heard Draco apologize and when he did, which was only when his father made him, he was sarcastic and rude about it. But for once he was sincere, he meant what he said.

“I forgive you Drake,” Pansy managed to say. Draco nodded his head and then looked at Blaise who looked to be deep in thought.

“And I want to say I’m sorry for yelling at you too Blaise. I should not have yelled at you like that, you were only protecting your girlfriend. I would understand perfectly if you did not forgive me.”

People did a double take. They could not fathom the idea that Draco apologized not only once but twice in the same day, and he wasn’t even sarcastic about it. Blaise looked at Draco, his emotions hidden as he analyzed Draco. Draco fidgeted a bit from the stare but continued to stand up straight with his head held high. When Draco lost all hope that Blaise would forgive him a wide grin spread across Blaise’s face and Draco knew things would be alright between them. Blaise would still have his back, even if he was a newly formed Gryffindork.

“Of course I forgive you mate. Plus we both know how nosey Pansy can get at times,” Blaise joked.

Pansy glared at him and playfully slapped his shoulder. He just pulled her closer to him and snuggled his face into her neck in a loving gesture. The days of the cold and unemotional Blaise were gone, a new day had come, and a new Blaise had evolved.

All three boys let out a chuckle.

“Oh, and Ginny?” Draco called across the room, turning to face the table full of Gryffindors

Ginny looked back at Draco with a raised eyebrow and Harry just stayed silent as well as everyone else.

“Yes?” She questioned when he didn’t say anything else.

“Just to clear up the confusion, Hermione is not dating Theodore,” Draco said loudly.

If he was going to make his moves on her he wasn’t going to be further hated by his peers for being a “home wreaker”, whatever that was, he thought. He didn’t want to have people think that he was stealing away Hermione from Theodore just because… he wanted to.

Ginny rubbed her temples, a headache forming. She did not understand at all what was going on. She was beyond confused. Draco looked at Theodore who had stayed silent. Theo wanted to deny what Draco had said, but he couldn’t. He knew they weren’t truly dating and he wanted Hermione to want him and only him. He however already knew that she would never want him the way he wanted her. She only had eyes for Draco; it was always Draco.

Theo looked up at Draco and gave him a small grin. His midnight black fringe was in front of his luring green eyes and the girls in the room found it hard not to crumble to the ground from his dashing looks. He was just so sweet even if he was a Slytherin. Most of the girls in the room were happy to hear that he wasn’t truly dating Hermione.

“We were just playing a joke on everyone that was all. We got bored and decided that faking a relationship in front of everyone would be entertaining. It was my idea. No harm done,” Theodore said, now directly looking at Ginny, his voice loud enough to hear even though he sounded like he whispered. His voice was like velvet and you could practically hear the girls sigh.

He had lied, but in a short sense, he didn’t exactly. It was his idea to fake the relationship. The rest however was false. They had faked a relationship to hurt Draco for hurting Hermione. That was all. But how would that sound to the rest of his peers? They would think badly of Hermione and he would never want that. He would never allow her to be the negative central topic for gossip. He would never shame her in such a way. He would protect her, always, even if that meant sacrificing himself so that she could be happy.

Theo was startled by his own thoughts. Hermione had become such an important person in his life in such a short time. It was unbelievable on so many levels and yet it felt so right. With her at his side, he knew that life had nothing but clear skies waiting for him. He also couldn’t believe that he had simply wanted to get into her pants when he had first seen her come back. Now he would never think such a thing, he wanted to of course, but now he was more concerned about what she wanted, what she needed. He would do anything for her, anything. Name the price, it could be his soul, he would gladly give it if that meant she would be happy. She was his first crush, his best friend, his savior.

She was his everything.

He had nothing in his life anymore. He had Blaise, Pansy, and Draco, that was it. His father was like an unforgivable curse. Evil and deadly, something you never wanted to use or in his case see. His father was nothing to him, he wished that his dad did die in the war, but the fates didn’t grant him such a wish.

He had Hermione in his life now. With her in it, he would want nothing more. 

__________________________________________________________

Will try to update sooner. Thank you awesome fans!