Chapter 19: Confused

Hey everyone okay so you will or will not like this chapter but im hoping you do. Also im posting this chapter early and thats why it isnt very long but i wanted to upload it for you guys bc im not going to be updating this story until like 10-12th of next month so please bear with me. if i do happen to write a chapter no matter the length i will try my best to post it. anyways enjoy!

External link has another Dramione pic!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She heard the trickle of water and took in her surroundings to see she was near a waterfall. Everything else was frozen except the water as it gushed over the edge and into the Black lake. Hermione sat up and dusted the snow off her shoulders and body and dried her eyes before they got frozen shut from all her tears.

She felt renewed.

She hugged herself and rubbed her arms, trying to get her blood flowing through her veins as she made her way to the lakes edge and watched the water gush down with a thunderous roar. She remembered coming here during the end of fourth year. Both her, Harry, and Ron had sat and talked next to the waterfall thinking over all that had happened during that eventful year. She found it amusing how she found her way back to this place when yet again it seemed to be the calm before the storm.

When the storm was going to approach she didn’t know, but she could feel it in her bones, in her being. Something big was coming and it would alter her forever. There would be no returning to or pretending to be the same Hermione as she tried to do so helplessly earlier today. What good that did her, when in the end she just happened to chase Ron away from her rather than back.

She made her way to a large rock, dusted the snow off and sat atop it, pulling her knees up and hugging them, wrapping herself in a little ball, conserving her warmth. For a while there she seemed to zone out, she stared straight ahead looking but not seeing. It was when she heard the crunch of snow behind her that she snapped back into reality but didn’t bother to turn around. Whoever it was, she just wanted them to turn right back around and leave her be.

“Why is it that I always find you out in the cold?” A much too familiar voice asked. It was then she felt something warm and cozy be draped across her shoulders. “At least wear something warm next time.”

“What are you doing here?” She asked softly, still not looking at the figure now standing beside her. She just continued to gaze at the waterfall.

She heard him chuckle over the loud roar of the pouring water.

“I should be asking you that,” He simply replied.

Draco peered down at her and felt his heart pick up pace and he cursed himself for that. He sighed heavily and walked towards the edge of the lake, kicking a pebble into the water with a soft spat. No words were exchanged between them for some time, as both thought about what to say and how to say it or if to say anything at all.

“You shouldn’t have done that,” Draco finally said, turning around to face her, needing to know why she would choose him, why she would do such an foolish thing at all.

Hermione lifted her head up slightly to meet his grey orbs that were heated steel. His gaze was intense and captivating she found herself falling in them, delving deeper and deeper. She let her feet touch the ground and stood up.

“Why shouldn’t I have?” She questioned, standing her ground. If he was going to lecture her yet again how he was no good for her or how he was playing her, she was going to shove those words right where the sun don’t shine.

She saw sorrow and pain pass through his eyes and when he blinked those feelings were gone. They reverted back to their icy stare and she stared right back. A different kind of fire began brewing within her soul. She stepped closer and closer to him until her hand cradled his pale cheek. Draco’s thoughts of pushing her away yet again drifted away as soon as she touched him and his body ignited in a sparkling pleasure.