Chapter 17: Addicted to You

HEY THERE Awesome Fans!!! Just want to say WOO HOO!!!! IM SIXTEEN TODAY (June 29) and im a bit loco right now because its now fifteen minutes past midnight but oh wells. Heres a new chapter that I know ya'll have been waiting for and I wrote it all day today well no yesterday and i just finished it to have it ready in time to post on my BDAY. SO heres my Birthday Present to you! ENJOY!! 

PS. I get to get my ears PIERCED! Now that may not seem like a big deal to you guys but i have been asking my dad since i was SEVEN! And he finally said YES!! WHOOP WHOOP ooh and im going to go watch MAGIC MIKE! Gosh CHANNING TATUM here I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A LOVELY AWESOME SUMMERY DAY!

<3 ME!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Draco’s POV

I peered into the crackling flames angrily. Stupid Death Eaters, stupid Dark Lord, stupid Dark Mark, stupid father, stupid invitations, stupid people, stupid everything! I didn’t want to have a party, I didn’t want people in my home, I didn’t want filth leaving tracks on my well-polished floors and have them breathe my air.

What was the point of all this?

I looked down at the remaining invitations in my hands and held them in an iron grip. What was the use? No one would ever trust us; no one would ever put down their guard. As long as we had the mark on our skin we would always be seen as evil, plain and simple. And they were right to think that.

With one last glance I threw the rest of the invitations into the fire. I watched as the flames slowly devoured them, turning them into nothing but ashes. I could feel the heat of the flames and smell the smoke on my skin and clothes.

I shut my eyes and rubbed my temples.

“Drake?” I heard Nott call my name, from behind me. I ignored him. “C’mon mate, talk to me. You’ve been in a foul mood a lot lately.”

“I’m just dandy,” I hissed, not bothering to turn around and look at him. What did he want? Did he want to talk to me about Granger and how he fancies her and blah, blah, blah?  

I heard him chuckle behind me.

“It’s because of Mione isn’t it?” He asked softly that I had to strain my ears to hear him.

“Why do you like to talk about that filth so much Nott?” I growled. I didn’t want to talk about Granger.

There was no use to talk about her. She was best kept at a distance; she was a parasite. She sucked the life out of me and planted her inane thoughts of love and friendship into my mind. I didn’t need that, I would never need that, she just didn’t understand and all she did was poison me, corrupt me, and change me. But didn’t she know that I would never change? Could never change? That I would always be the same person? Couldn’t she fathom the concept that I was Draco Malfoy and she was Hermione Granger, a nobody, a Mudblood?

“She’s not filth Drake,” Nott replied with a sigh as if he were tired of trying to tell me otherwise on a daily basis. “I know you; you feel something for her and that’s why you’re pushing her away.”

“I feel nothing but hate for that disgusting muggle-born,” I snapped, but even those words seemed false on my own tongue. I opened my eyes and peered into the fire.

Why did Granger have to be sorted into Slytherin? Why did she have to confuse me? Why did she come into my life like a tornado, destroying who I thought I was yet reawakening me all at the same time, creating a different me as she swiped by? What was it about her that made me feel so carefree yet uneasy?  Why did she make my heart race and stop at the same time? Why couldn’t I just hate her like before? Why did I have to care for her?