Chapter 2

A/N: Wow im feeling super duper nice to upload yet another chapter ahead of schedule. I guess this is a treat considering i'll be gone for two weeks and wont be on the computer much if not at all. Well enjoy

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

Hermione’s POV-September 19

My body arched back and I let out another scream, full of pain and agony. All the way from my head to my toes an excruciating pain rushed through my body. I screamed and cried and screamed again. I could hear bones cracking and the unbearable pain continue to sweep through my body.

My lungs felt like someone was squeezing them tight, making me unable to breath. I struggled to put some oxygen in my body. It then felt as if someone had begun to slice me open; in my stomach, chest, arms, thighs, legs, everywhere. Over and over, it felt as if my body was slowly being mutilated by a blade.

And when i thought the pain would subside it would come back and sweep over my entire body twice as strong. My eyes began to burn and my hands instantly went to them, trying to tear them out, trying to end the torture it was giving me.  My body then convulsed, making me unable to even figure out which part of my body was which. I screamed again, louder than before.

A sudden fire engulfed me, slowly at first. My skin began to boil and a throbbing pain exploded within my mind. I cried out. It felt as if i were being roasted over a fire, every part of me feeling like I was being melted, feeling as if i was dying. How i wished that i was!

As my physical body began to feel the agonizing and inhuman pain, my mind began to be consumed with the same sort of pain. It felt as if someone had poured acid over my head and it was seeping into my brain. I clutched my head and screamed and screamed, yelling bloody murder. I couldn't think, i couldn't register anything but the insufferable pain that had overrun my mental and physical state. It slowly felt as if my soul was also being ripped out of me and tortured by an unknown being, a darker one.

Just when I felt as if i would black out and get to escape it all, a tormenting pain would awake me and so I continued to be in a elusive state, only ever feeling the torture that i was in, my own personal hell...

Four days later- September 23

With a last torturous scream filled with agony, my body yet again convulsed and then suddenly went rigid. The only thing I could register was how badly my body hurt, but i was glad that the pain was finally gone. The throbbing in my head was also beginning to slowly fade into nothing but a distant memory. I took in a deep breath, my insides burning as the oxygen caressed my lungs. I could feel my sweat clinging to me and my clothes attached to me like a second skin. My throat felt raw and sore.

I slowly opened my bruised eyes. My eyes dilated and focused around on my surroundings. I sluggishly looked around and saw that I was in my room of the beach house we had rented, only now realizing that i was lying on the soft bed. I raised my head a little, my body still sore and weakened, to see better. However, i was too weak and had to let my head crash down back into the pillows.

Anger then swept through me and I clenched my fists and jaws. Indistinguishable anger boiled within me and I could feel my eyes blazing with irritation, rage, and fury. The memory of what happened before my transformation made me bite down on my tongue, I could taste the blood in my mouth, but i ignored the insignificant pain that came with it.

My hands began to heat up and before I knew what was happening the dresser in front of me ignited in sweltering green bluish fire. My heart picked up pace and the fire grew as my anger did.

“Breath through it Hermy, control your anger and your powers.” My dad’s voice said kindly and supportive.

My head whipped towards the sound of his voice and I saw him casually sitting down on a chair to my left in the corner, as if he saw this kind of thing everyday. My fiery eyes met his loving light green hazel ones and I instantly felt my anger slacken and diminish and my heart slowly return to it’s normal pace. I looked back at the dresser and saw that the fire too was distinguished, but the dresser was practically in rubble and ash. I sighed in defeat, what had come over me? It almost felt like I wasn't in control of myself.

“Don’t blame yourself Hermy. It was expected, you have more self control then i did.”  My dad said in a happy and proud tone, a smile playing on his lips. “I almost burnt down the entire manor.”

This time he did smile and stood up, coming over to me. He bent down and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I closed my eyes, feeling very much like a little girl again, and feeling safer and stronger with my dad at my side.

“I’m proud of you Hermy. I knew you would survive this.” He said as he pulled away and looked down at me, only then did I see in his eyes his fear of losing me. I nodded my head, my throat to constricted with emotion and love. He gave me another kiss, this time on my head.

“Hermione?” My mum called my name as she practically ran into my room. She had a relieved smile and tears running down her face. Her eyes were red and puffy and looked like she had been crying non stop for hours.  “Oh you're alright, my baby girl is alright.”

I smiled at her, tears also threatening to escape. She ran to me and pulled me into a hug, I ignored the pain i was feeling from my aching bones, and instead felt comforted by my mother. I let her hold me and rock me back and forth as if i was only seven again and needed her to kiss my booboos. She then showered me with kisses and i couldn't help but laugh.

“Alright dear I think that’s enough kisses for today.” My dad said with a laugh.

My mum pulled away from me a bit to give me air and turned to look at my dad, giving him the evil eye without a doubt. My dad raised his hands in the air in mock surrender and backed up a bit.

“I can kiss her all I want and not even she can stop me.” My mum said in a serious tone, her words final.

I chuckled at that. Oh how I truly loved them. My mum looked down at me, the same type of fear that was in my dad’s was also in hers. She gave me another squeeze before she let me go again.

“I’m so glad you’re alright, i didn't think...It was such a long time...I thought you wouldn’t...I’m just glad you’re here.” My mum said, stumbling over her words, not knowing what to say or how to say it or if she should say it at all.

My mum got off my bed and looked down, a dark rain cloud seeming to be over her. She then returned her gaze on me. Her eyes full of love, adoration, and relief.

“I’m going to go make your lunch.” My mum said quickly and with that she left my room.

I stared after her, confused.  I looked at my dad questioningly. My dad gave me an apologetic smile and sighed. He then took his chair he was sitting in previously and dragged it towards me so that I could see him clearly, he then sat down. His face had on his deep thinking expression. Finally he looked back up at me.

“Your mum and I, we were very worried. Your transformation was taking longer than we thought, you’ve been suffering for a long time. I would’ve thought a few hours, maybe a day tops, for your transformation to be complete, but it was longer....” My dad trailed off.

“How long?” I asked in a raspy voice my throat aching. I  bit back the anger that was slowly resurfacing.

“Four days.” My dad said, his eyes a bit watery. The anger that had slowly resurfaced soon faded away once more as i looked at the pain in his eyes. “You were in so much pain. Your screams, your tears...If i could’ve taken the pain away and put it on myself, I would’ve, I swear to the Merlin  i would. It was harder even for your mum. She cried ever day and when you screamed in torture, she sobbed harder...How do you feel?” My dad asked deciding to change the subject.

“My body is sore and i feel weak, my bones ache a bit and i still have a small throbbing in my head. And it hurts to speak.” I told my dad truthfully, he nodded his head, his eyes getting a darker shade of green with each pain i listed off. I swallowed my saliva trying to moisten my dry raw throat.

“How does the new power feel? ” He asked. I swallowed and cleared my throat, not wanting him to feel guilty for the pain i was and currently in.

“I feel stronger, like you said i would. But almost to the point where it seems like it’s controlling me, rather than the other way around.” I replied, my voice scratchy.

“Don't worry so much about that, I’ll help you control your powers. You'll get a hang of it once you know how to properly use them... And what about your anger? Is it too much to handle?”

“So far it seems like I can keep it contained, I'm not angry now.” I said softly. My dad looked back at me his eyes slowly melting back to its light hazel green.

“Just be careful alright? You have to find a balance. Trust me I know. If you keep locking up the anger inside, you’re going to explode, and you wont have control of yourself. You need to find a way to release all that anger in a good way, in a way where it wont constantly be in you, fighting for a way out. Channel the anger through your powers, use it to your advantage.” My dad said staring me hard in the eyes, trying to make me understand that what he was telling me was serious and important.

“Yes dad.”

My mum then came back into my room with my food on the tray she was carrying. I sighed, she didn't need to go through so much trouble. She set the food in front of me and my dad helped me sit up.

“Now eat all your food, it’ll make you stronger and give you back your strength. And it should help with your sore throat.” My mom told me. “Now your father and I will leave you to eat in peace and think about everything on your own, figure out everything yourself and sort your thoughts. But as soon as you're done eating and reflecting and what not, I want you to go take a shower, get dressed, and come back into the living room.”

I nodded my head, not wanting to disagree with her. For some reason I knew that my new powers I had acquainted and anger were no match for my mother. I laughed softly at the thought as me parents left me to my own devices.

After I finished eating, i found it surprising that i did feel like my normal self, i did feel stronger and not as weak and aching as before. My throat also didn't feel as raw and sore. I quickly scrambled off my bed and made my way to the bathroom in my room. I took off my sweaty clothes and went into the shower, the warm water making my tense body relax. I closed my eyes, enjoying the way the water made me feel calm and soothed my body.

Once dressed and ready, i looked at my reflection in the body length mirror and stopped in my tracks, stunned. The girl looking back at me seemed older, taller, her body more defined, and her adolescent features gone. Her once brown frizzy birds nest of a hair was more controlled and  lighter, blonder even, with some dark streaks in it, and her eyes that were once a chocolate brown had a emerald tinge to it.

I gasped in surprise and the person in the mirror did the same. I closed my eyes blinking twice, three times, trying to see if that girl in the mirror had disappeared, but she was still there. I shook my head in shock. Deciding to ponder my new features later I hurriedly rushed into the living room where my parents were sitting on the couch talking.  They smiled up at me when they saw me.

“You look beautiful sweetie.” My mum said in an awed voice. My dad nodded also, his eyes starting to water once more. I sighed were they going to do this to me all the time? I asked myself as i bit back my tears that threatened to escape yet again because of their love that they gave to me.

I looked down at myself and assessed what i was wearing, clothes i thought i would’ve never worn in a million years. I wore tight black silver metallic skinny jeans, a black tank top with emerald designs all over, and emerald and diamond khussa fashion shoes that went well with my outfit. I also had on my necklace with the whistle, my green trifari snake earrings, a silver snake ring that curled itself over a emerald stone,  and a silver serpent armband that had emerald eyes.

“Thanks.” I mumbled, blushing.

“You can go use the whistle now.” My dad said, a sparkle in his eye. “But i think you should go outside first before you do. And just remember whatever comes from that whistle, don’t get scared.”

I scrunched my eyebrows in curiosity, but i simply nodded and headed outside and onto the sand. The sun was high up in the sky, but the cool breeze prevented me from perspiring. Once I was alone and quite a distance from the house, I grabbed the whistle and brought it to my lips. As i blew air into the whistle a sweet melody filled the silence and drowned out the crashing of the waves and the swaying of the trees. All i could hear was the melody surrounding me.

I closed my eyes listening to the rhythmic beat and slowly reopened my eyes. Coming from the bush was a beautiful albino snake at least fifteen feet long, it’s stunning red eyes looked at me. However I found that i wasn't scared, and continued to blow the whistle as the snake danced towards me. Slowly the tune came to an end and i was left staring at the creature before me.

“Mistress, is finally here.” It said to me.

I took a step back, unsure if i heard it talk to me, or if i was dreaming it all. I blinked my eyes several times trying to wake myself up from my dream.

“Mistress, need not to be afraid.” It told me again as it came closer to me.

I stopped backing up and stood still and looked at the snake before me.

“Mistress?” I asked it, hesitant. “I'm your Mistress?”

“Yesss.” It replied, also stopping a few feet in front of me.

“So you wont hurt me?” I asked it lamely.

“Of course not, Mistress. I’m here to protect you, watch over you, and help you. I am your loyal being, your second eyes, your guard,  I am your servant. I have been waiting for decades for you to come and get me. My last Mistress, Mistress Evana told me that I would be faithful to her granddaughter, her next female heir, and here you are.” The snake told me, it’s eyes flashing in the sun light.

I searched within my mind where i heard of that name and that’s when it hit me. My great great grandmother, Evana Gaunt. If i was her first granddaughter, then...

“You don’t serve the wives of Gaunts?” I asked it, hoping my question made sense.

“No, only a pureblood Gaunt witch, only she do i serve. Only a blood relative of Mistress Evana. Plus they can’t understand me, they don’t speak Parseltongue”  It replied.

That was when it completely hit me. I was talking to a snake and I could understand it. The thought sent shivers through my body, but oddly enough i didn’t mind. It was my birthright after all, descendants of Salazar Slytherin could speak Parseltongue, and i was indeed a descendant.

“So you’ve been waiting for how long?” Pushing my thoughts aside.

“ Over a hundred years, Mistress.”

“You don't serve male Gaunts?” I asked, trying to make sense of things.

“No, Mistress. There was a man many years ago who did call on me, I almost killed him I did. I don't like men, only women, only women. And my first Mistress said I must protect her female heirs only. She ne’er gave me to her daughter, Merope, because she was not right in the mind, not right indeed. But you are Mistress, you are strong and powerful, I can feel it. Old Mistress would be proud of you I see.”

I listened closely to the snake and analyzed what it had told me. It did make sense, Great- great Aunt Merope, was never strong enough and she did give birth to that abomination of a man, Tom Marvolo Riddle, Voldemort. I cleared my thoughts and sighed, I was tired of thinking and over analyzing things. My hands began to burn and anger swelled within me, I growled from the sudden unreasonable fury that swallowed me.

“What is wrong Mistress?” The snake asked me, it’s eyes piercing mine. “Why are you angry? You needn’t be, just take a deep breath, and let that rage be free.”

I did as it told me, taking in a deep breath, and calming my nerves. My fists that were clenched, unclenched and the anger slipped away with each departing breath. I didn't keep it bottled but let the anger escape me, just like the snake said. I looked at it with wide eyes.

“How did you know that would help me?” I asked it, astonished.

“I just know Mistress. It is my duty to help you when you are angry, it is my duty to help you control your powers, it is my duty to protect you from yourself. It is my sole purpose in life.” It replied.

Absentmindedly I smiled at the snake, feeling relaxed. I sat down then with a huff and watched as the waves crashed into the rocks. I felt the breeze caress my face and blow my hair back.

“What’s your name?” I asked the snake, not bothering to look at it. I heard it slither next to me, hissing.

“Aimé” It replied softly. I knew what the name meant. I turned my head to look at it, it too was staring at the ocean, but turned towards me.

“Mon bien-aimé.” I said softly. If the snakes captivating red eyes could get bigger, it would’ve. “My beloved.”

The snakes head bobbed up and down.

“I have not heard those words in a long time, you make me happy again, Mistress.”  The snake hissed happily. I chuckled at its reaction, a grin on my face, who would’ve thought that I could make a snake happy?

“So who did you almost kill?” I asked Aimé.

“Master Maverick Marvin Gaunt, Mistress.” The beautiful albino snake replied. I raised my eyebrows, shocked.

“That’s my dad!” I said in surprise.

“I am sorry Mistress, if you are angry and wish for me to leave, I will. I never meant any disrespect.” Aimé said, it’s head drooping and began to turn and slither away.

“No, it’s alright. I'm just surprised, you can stay.” I called out, Aimé slowly turned around to face me.

“Are you sure, Mistress?” It asked me.

“Yes, I'm sure.” I replied, giving it a small smile to show that i wasn't angry. The albino snake slithered back to me. “So what did my dad do to make you mad?”

“He called on me, when he had not the right to do so. I’m only in service of Gaunt family females. Then he called me a girly snake, I am not a girly snake, I am a male, not a female. I am not weak, I am strong. Only the best for the Gaunt females. Mistress Evana handpicked me herself.” The snake said proudly. “And then he tried to hex me, but i bit him instead. But he was in close distance to the hospital, so I knew he would live.”

I laughed at that.

“That’s my dad, alright.” I said, now understanding the glint in my father’s eyes when he told me to go outside and use the whistle. He disliked the snake and had a bad history with it.

I looked at the snake and slowly reached out my hand to pet it. Aimé stayed still. When my fingers touched it’s reptile scales, it hissed, but not in a threatening way, more of a purr, but snake version. His scales were smooth and cold.

“I have not been pet for a long time, Mistress. I forgot that it felt nice.” Aimé said in a soothing tone. I smiled.

“Well I'll be petting you more often then.” I replied, continuing to pet it. I sighed. “We should go back to the house, I’m sure my parents are worried. Plus, if you’re going to be by my side, you and my dad have to make amends. Let’s go.”

“Yes, Mistress.” Aimé replied.

I then got up and dusted myself off and began to head back towards the house, my albino king cobra snake, slithering beside me. I could get use to this.

**

“Ahh! What is that?! Get it out, get it out!” My mum screamed, standing on the couch not touching the ground.

“Mum, it’s alright. He’s harmless.” I told her.

“That’s your mum?” Aimé asked me, i nodded my head at him. “Am i that scary looking?”

“No, your not. She just doesn't like anything that’s not a dog or cat or bird, anything that doesn't have fur.” I told him.

“Darling, please come down from there, it’s alright.” My dad said trying to coax my mum down and off the couch.

“Nice to see you again, Aimé.” My dad said politely to my snake. I could see however that my dad did not like the snake very much either.

“You too Master Gaunt. Sorry for biting you the last time i saw you.”Aimé told him, I patted his head. He was doing good with apologizing, which I'm sure he wasn't use to doing that to someone that wasn't his mistress.

“I apologize too, for antagonizing you. I was only fourteen, still a child, just showing off to my friends that i could speak parseltongue.” My dad replied honestly, managing to get my mum down and make her calm. My dad whispered something in her ear.

“well who’s hungry?” My mum asked aloud. I could see she was pushing past her fear and seemed a lot more calmer now with Aimé in the room and all. At least she wasn't screaming and climbing on furniture anymore. “I’m going to start dinner now.”

With that my mum hurried into the kitchen leaving me, my dad, and my snake alone in the living room. I took a seat on the recliner and Aimé followed me, curling up on my lap. I found it odd how light he was, considering how long he was. Yet again snakes could get into the oddest of positions. I stroked his head and he hissed in delight, i smiled. He reminded me of my cat, Crookshanks, which i had left behind back at home with our neighbours, he didn't like airplanes much.

“Looks like you took a fast liking to him.” My dad said in English. He too sat down and looked at me petting Aimé, who was slowly falling asleep.

“I like him.” I replied honestly. “He helped me today. When I was swallowed in anger, he told me to be calm and breath, and to let my anger out rather than keep it  in.”

My dad nodded his head, deep in thought.

“I wish I had one of him when i was growing up, but alas Great great grandmother Evana only kept him for the women in our bloodline. You're the first granddaughter of hers in all respect. I was an only child and my father before me was also an only child, and his father of course had a sister, your great great aunt Merope, but she wasn't given Aimé. Your Great great  grandmother didn't think she deserved it and so passed it on to your great grandfather Morfin, told him to give it to his daughter if he ever had one, but he didn't. So he gave it to his wife when he went to Azkaban who then gave it to your Grandfather Marvin, who gave it to his wife when he too was sent to Azkaban, who then gave it to me. Which I gave to you and who you will someday give to your daughter.” my dad informed me, i nodded my head. I guessed as much.

“Aimé said he was my protector. Why?” I asked my dad.

“My guess is that because Gaunt females have a harder time when transforming and a controlling themselves afterward, Grandmother Evana used the snake which was a gift from her husband to help aid and take care of the women in our blood line. She put a spell on the snake, making him able to understand and connect with his owner. Making him able to protect  and help guide our young female witches, so they don't go crazy like many of our ancestors before grandmother Evana did. In a way i guess she wanted to make sure that no more people in our family died and went insane, and that our family would be able to continue. Since the transformation was triple the pain for females she thought that they needed more help then the males in our family. I’m not completely sure, but that's my best bet.”

I nodded my head, that seemed like the most logical of reasons.

“How long do you think he’ll live?” I asked my dad, curious.

“Until someone kills him with a basilisk tooth or something powerful like that. I think other than that, not even a killing curse will kill him. He was meant to be immortal.”

“Will I be able to take him with me to Hogwarts?” I asked.

If i couldn't, i didn't know if i could handle these new powers and anger on my own. If i didn't have my parents or Aimé, who would help me remember who i really was? I'm sure Harry could help me, but he wouldn't be by my side twenty four seven, and i couldn't even think about Ron, all he would do is set me off in an angry current rather than calm me down. Anger began to boil within me, but i restrained it and did my best to let it out with every exhale.

“Your getting better at controlling your anger.” My dad said looking at me with a proud smile. “And to answer your questions, yes, you are allowed to take him to school with you.”

I smiled widely, relieved. Glad that I didn't have to go through this alone.

“How?”

“When I informed Headmistress McGonagall that you would be coming late to Hogwarts and the reasons for it, I also asked her if you could bring Aimé along with you. He is your familiar after all. I told her that it was absolutely necessary for you to have him at your side and that he would help you control yourself, in certain situations that you yourself may not be able to handle on your own.”  

"am I dangerous dad?" I asked him in a low voice. "And I want to know the truth."

My dad sighed, but seemed defeated by my words. His head dropped but then lifted back up to look me in the eye.

"This point of time, yes.Very much so, Hermy. You're basically a time bomb waiting to explode, and it's more likely soon rather than later. When that will be however I can't say, but when you do  just remember that there are many people who love you. Don't forget who you are, promise me that."

"I promise, dad." I told him, feeling like I was making an unbreakable vow.

"And even if I'm not there I'll be comforted by the thought that Aimé will be there to look out for you and help you through it. He truly is a second pair of eyes.I almost feel bad for trying to hex him."

"Almost?" I asked my dad with a raised eyebrow. He chuckled.

“That sucker bit me and nearly killed me!" My dad cried out, defending himself. I  chuckled at that.

"Aimé told me you started it dad."

"You're going to listen to your snake rather than your old man, Hermy?" My dad asked me incredulous. I laughed and didn't answer his question. Before he could demand an answer my mum appeared at the doorway.

"Dinners ready, and as much as I love you Mione, that snake of yours is not eating with us or in the house for that matter." My mum said sternly, keeping her eyes on my snake that was curled up in my lap, as if it was going to suddenly get up and eat her. I bit back a snort.

"Why am I even letting my child near that?"I heard my mum ask herself under her breath, as she shook her head and left the room.

My dad got up and was beginning to follow my mother when he turned back to look at me.

"I would do as your mother asks. I wouldn't want to get on her bad side."my dad said shivering as if remembering a time when he did and suffered the consequences. He then continued his way towards the dining room, trailing after my mother.

I looked down at my snake who looked to be in a peaceful sleep. As if sensing that I wanted him awake, he lifted his head and looked at me.

"What do you need, Mistress?"Aimé asked me.

"It's dinner time..." I replied trailing off.

"Don't worry mistress, do not fret. I will leave to find myself dinner as well and will come back when you and your family are finished eating." He told me and slithered gracefully off my lap and onto the floor. I nodded my head and also got up walking to the front door and opening it for him. I noticed the sky was dark and the moon was up. Aimé slithered past me and onto the porch, his white scales glistening in the moonlight.

"Be safe." I told him, knowing that there was no reason to feel worried for him, yet I couldn't help it.

"Of course, Mistress. You need not worry so  much." With those final words, he slithered off into the bush and disappeared.

I gently closed the door and headed towards the dining room where I knew my parents were waiting.

___________________________________________________________________________

What do you think so far?

Vote, Comment, Vomment! lol that word always reminds me of throw-up haha