Chapter 26

Sorry for this SUPER short chapter. I got side tracked with AP Bio and with the Interquel (a story before a sequel but after the original) i was writing. It's going to be called "What the Hell" and it's about Hermione and what she does after her transformation but before she goes back home to muggle london. So she's still in LA, Cali, USA. And if you checked out the site i made for this story (gives you hell) with the Daily Prophet stories you would have seen an article that talked about her stay in muggle America while she was away. All i'm saying is she meets a guy, who BTW will be VERY VERY important in the sequel of Gives You Hell. 

Enjoy this horribly short chapter. BUt i didnt want you guys to have to wait any longer. 

SIDE NOTE: Also helped out with IRONMAN today. My feet are killing me and i think i may have sunburn. BUt if you want to see some of the pictures i posted from the finishline at ironman, and you have INSTAGRAM my username is @toosmall808

___________________________________________________________________________________

Draco meant every word that he had said and he was not going to allow Hermione to turn away from him so easily again. After processing all that had just happened and watched her figure disappear, Draco quickly came to and devised his plan to win Hermione over. He was not going to let her slip out of his fingers so easily. With a grin on his face and a sparkle in his eyes, he hurriedly made his way towards his new destination, his plan brewing in his mind. The wheels of thoughts were spinning round and round like a well-oiled machine.  

Hermione wiped away traitorous tears as she walked with a quick pace. Her heart was telling her she was a fool while her brain was saluting her. She was torn between the want of the heart and the want of the mind. She did not know which to listen to, which was right. Her heart told her to go back to Draco and apologize, to crumble to her knees until he took her back, and kiss him senseless. Her mind was telling her to keep on walking and do not look back. As always, she followed the latter.

Mind over matter was her motto.

~~

She walked with quick soft steps as she made her way to the library, her sanctuary. Where she knew that with books surrounding her she would always feel at ease, always at peace.  Where she knew she would never get hurt and would always be comforted by the words on a page. Where she could find solace and have time to ponder over her vast and sometimes vexing thoughts.

The library was deserted; absolutely no soul was within its walls. Even Madam Pince was absent, locked away in her office depicting new scrolls she had received from Egypt. Hermione made her way to her secluded spot in the back of the library, called upon a random book, and began to read.

She hoped that she would be able to ignore the pain in her chest and forget the image of Draco’s crestfallen face.

~~

Draco made his way back to the Three Broomsticks Inn, knowing he had to suck up his pride and apologize to Pansy. That was the first step of his plan to win Hermione over. Once inside the Inn many people ignored him as he walked towards his friends.

Blaise stiffened slightly, Pansy shot him a red stained glare, and Theo just raised his eyebrows in curiosity. Theo looked behind Draco seeing if Hermione had trailed after him and grew worried when he didn’t see her. He shot out of his chair and stared at the door, hoping Hermione would walk through it any second and calm his racing, panicking heart. If Draco did something to hurt her, there would be hell to pay, Theo thought.

“Where is Mione?” Theo asked aloud.

Draco held back an eye roll. Did Theo not say he was going to back off? But even Draco knew that Hermione was a hard girl to stay away from. He tried to stay away and he had failed terribly.