Chapter 33

Hey everyone,

I've been reluctant to upload lately because -tearing up- this story is truly almost over (theres still like several more chapters but still lol)Holy crow I will actually finish a story that is worth reading lol. Well...

ENJOY

Ps. Thank you for being supportive and being the best fans and readers ever!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday December 20th

Draco sat awake in the darkened Slytherin Common room. He never went to bed, he never slept, he just stared at the flames all night. In his hand was a letter. It was wrinkled and worn from him clutching and squeezing it repeatedly all through the night, a substitute stress ball in a way.

His heart beat steadily in his chest, but his mind was going at 100 miles per hour. He was trying to think straight all night but he just couldn't do it. He couldn't get a grip on himself. He pinched the bridge of his nose, squeezing his eyes shut as he tried to clear away the migraine he had acquired. What he really wanted to do at that moment was to simply run away.

That was a mighty fine idea. He wanted to escape, he wanted to run, he was tired of keeping up a front that was wearing him thin. Here he thought he was getting better, regaining a part of him that he had lost so many years ago. But he forgot, though he looked like a man he was still just a boy. A sad pathetic little boy, a coward. Who would rather save his own neck then face his fears. Who cringed at the slightest amount of pain. He truly was a weak little child.

He slammed his fist down on the arm of the couch he was seated at. Wasn't this year supposed to be easier? Wasn't it supposed to be... Normal for once? He let out a dry laugh on that thought. He should've known that, that would never be possible.

Draco opened the letter in his hand, deciding that if he reread it, it would make more sense to him.

Draco,

Things have gotten out of hand recently. Theodore Nott Sr. has decided to make his own horde of followers. For what reason? I know not. He thinks i am a fool and that i have no idea as to what he is doing. The Dark Lord will rise soon and we must prepare for his arrival. The ball is still scheduled, but the dark days are here once again.

Be safe my son,

Lucius

None of what Draco read made sense to him whatsoever. Why would Theo's father make his own little Death Eater club? There was no point. The Dark Lord would have his arse on a platter to eat that was for sure. That thought gave him some satisfaction but the thought that the Dark Lord was back sent shivers up his spine.

Draco also had no idea what his father meant by 'out of hand'. Were the death eaters truly splitting in half? And if so, why? Draco was deeply perplexed. All he wanted to say was: "fuck this I'm out of here" and be done with it. But alas his life was too intertwined with the darkness that surrounded him.

His arm suddenly burned and he winced in pain. He pulled back the sleeve on his arm and looked at his death mark. The mark that had ruined him. It moved and it hurt immensely. Disgusted Draco pulled his sleeve up, covering his mark.

A thought then struck Draco and the famous Malfoy smirk graced his lips.

----------------------------------------------

Rome tossed and turned in his sleep, sweat drenching his small frame. He was having a nightmare. He then snapped wide awake, sitting up in his bed, his eyes wide with fear. His heart pounded loudly in his chest.