Chapter 10: More Slytherin

Hey Everyone IM SOOO SORRRYYYY for the super long update! Really i am, its just that i have a big surprise for you all. In this chapter the Daily Prophet will come into being in my story and being creative and what not I created a website specifically for this story centering on the articles circulating around Hermione. Although i take no ownership of the Daily Prophet i do take ownership over the creative articles that i've come up with. If you wish to check it out click on the 'Open External Link' on the side >>>>>>>>>

if not heres the URL: 

http://gaunt-trilogy.weebly.com

_______________________________________________________________________________

Draco’s POV

November 3

“Ah, Draco my boy, step forward.” The Dark Lord said as he looked at me.

I kept my emotions under lock and key not daring to show just how frightened I was. I took a step forward out of the line I was in with the rest of the Death Eaters, my father to my left. I looked forward not wanting to look at the Dark Lord’s inhuman features. However the Dark Lord walked in front of me, stepping into my line of vision.

“I have a special job for you.” The Dark Lord began to say, hissing. He then glanced at my father. “Due to failed achievements from your father, I give you the chance to make up for his failures and repent. Can you handle that Draco?”

“Yes, my lord.” I replied robotically, obediently, wanting nothing more than to run away and never come back. But I couldn’t do that. I wouldn’t do that. I knew what he would do to my mother and even my father; as much as I was disgusted with my own father I still loved him. He was my flesh and blood, how could I not?

“You will kill Albus Dumbledore.” He said in a tone that sent shivers through my spine and made me feel on edge.

Kill Albus Dumbledore? Kill my headmaster? Kill the man who was the only person the Dark Lord feared? Kill a man? Could I kill? Could I even end a life?

“Yes, my lord.” I replied, still keeping my poker face on.

“But master he is far too young.” My Aunt Bella exclaimed stepping out of line. The Dark Lord tensed and snarled.

“Bella that is why he is perfect for the job!” He exclaimed not even rebuking her for stepping out of line. “Draco do you think you’re still a child?” The Dark Lord asked me, it took everything within me to slow my beating heart.

“No, my lord.” The words slipped from my tongue as if I had no say over my words.

“Everyone leave! I wish to discuss this matter with the Malfoy’s.” He said softly looking deep in thought but everyone heard him and disapperated as fast as they could. If I was able to do so I would’ve in a heartbeat. 

The Dark Lord paced, still seeming to be preoccupied with his thoughts. Only my father, Aunt Bella, and I remained out of all the Death Eaters. His snake Nagini looked at the Dark Lord intently, hissing and he did the same in reply. Finally he stopped and looked at me. His alien like features making me want to look away, but I knew I couldn’t. This was a game I couldn’t afford loosing. His black beady eyes rimmed with red looked at me, just as intense as his snake was doing to me now.