Chapter 38

It's done. Thank you for reading.

===============================================================

Malfoy Manor-

Thursday December 24th

Snow trickled down, falling from the night sky. The ground was covered in white slush but avoided the cement staircase to the entrance of the Malfoy home. For once it wasn't dark and ominous. It almost seemed open and warm. There were twinkling lights, and the sound of music and the chatter of people drifted out from within. There were people everywhere and more continued to come in masses. All wore their best robes and dresses and mingled with one another.

When the Malfoy's went all out, they most definitely went all out. Every one who was anyone was in attendance. The entire wizarding world also seemed to be in attendance. However there were two significant figures who had yet to show their faces and the crowd had taken notice. Two thirds of the golden trio were absent.

Many were hesitant to come to the Malfoy manor, but they were also curious. When they heard that the entire wizarding world was invited it gave the majority the courage and self-discipline to attend. They also got the strength to come when they heard the Golden trio were coming along as well. However, many wished that the Malfoy's had perished, yet they also wanted to know just how exactly the Malfoy's lived and glimpse into their personal lives.

Malfoy stood in the front of the room, next to his parents, visible to all. He glanced around the room searching for her. But as he expected she did not show. Theodore noticing his friends gloomy face and aura went to stand beside him.

"You know, you're scaring the guests," Theo told him with a grin, staring out into the overly crowded ball room of the usually dark,ominous Malfoy manor.

Malfoy simply scoffed at him. He didn't have the strength to reply with a snarky comment. His heart was heavy and his body was oddly tense. Theo nudged him with his elbow.

"C'mon mate, enjoy yourself," Theo told him, moving along to the beat of the music that was playing. Though his dance moves didn't quite match the music they were listening too. All he got out of Draco was an eye roll.

Theo stopped and straightened his tie, standing up straight. He winked at a few girls who were looking at him and they erupted into giggles. He had on a cheeky smile but then turned serious when he faced Draco.

"You didn't give her an invitation," Theo said. He already knew the reason for Draco's mood.

Draco stiffened and avoided eye contact.

"I have no idea what you are talking about. Did you by chance take a swig of fire whiskey?" Draco asked him.

"Just a bit, but that's besides the point. You know who I'm talking about. Do I need to shout it out?" Theo asked with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

Draco's hands clutched themselves into fists, but he kept a hold on himself and remained composed.

"Say I do understand your rambling nonsense. What do you mean I never gave her an invitation? Every one in the bloody wizarding world got one," Draco replied growing annoyed.

Instead of feeling depressed he was growing angry. He couldn't understand Hermione or her intentions. He kissed her, stripped himself practically bare for her and all she could do was say sorry. He didn't know what to make out of it. But he was getting irritated. Why was it him who seemed to always be the one with the crappy end of the stick? Why was he even suffering in the first place? She was a mudbl- muggleborn; dirt, filth, tainted.

"Not her. You didn't give her one. Don't you remember what you did with it?" Theo asked.

"I've no idea what you are rambling about mate,"