Chapter 8: Offers

Start from the beginning

Flashback to Black Rose incident

Wise Owl flew in front of the group and blocked the attacks of the plant monster. Everyone gasped as they saw the owl in front of them.

"I'll just attack them again," The Black Rose shouted as she placed another card down. "Try to block this!"

The monster attempts to attack them again as thorns started to fly toward their direction.

Xina placed a card down on her disk which made Wise Owl glow white. Then Wise Owl started to flap its wings, causing the flying thorns to stop and fall on the ground.

That made the Black Rose to look back at the group and lowly growl. Then she sees Yusei's arm. She gasps. "Your arm! You also have a mark!" She shouted.

"Stay away from me!" The Black Rose shouts defensively. The Black Rose placed a card on her disk which caused a big blue beam surround her. Gusts of wind blow harshly at the group but was quickly blocked by Wise Owl.

Flashback of Black Rose incident Ends

Flashback to the hallway

"Next time you all are in my way, I won't hesitate," Akiza threatens Leo, Dexter, Yusei, and Luna.

"Is there a problem here?" Xina says, who was behind Akiza.

"Hmph. Not at all, just standing my ground," Akiza simply responds.

"You have to stand your ground to little kids? What? Are you intimidated by them or something?" Xina questioned.

"The only ones who should feel intimidated is all of you." Akiza responds.

Flashback Ends

Xina thinks, She reminds me of myself. She's afraid of herself and the mark of the Crimson Dragon. She's lost and needs assistance. Akiza needs a friend.

Finally, her thoughts were interrupted by Yusei, who placed his hand on her shoulder. "Xina, are you okay?" He questions.

"Yeah, I'm fine," She replies, turning her attention back to the group.

"Are you sure? It looked like you zoned out a bit," Tanner asks.

Xina sighs with a nod. "I did, but it's no big deal," Xina tells them reassuringly. She then turns to Yusei. "So you're gonna be turbo dueling Grieger. He can't be as tough as he looks, right?" Xina says changing subject.

"Actually he's tough in both ways. Apparently his new duel runner is supposed to be unbeatable," Tanner tells him, making Leo nervous for Yusei.

Leo thinks, "If I can sneak into Grieger's garage and see what Yusei is up against, I can help out Yusei."

"Uh, are you okay?" Luna questions her brother, noticing that he was staring into nothing.

"Huh? Oh, yeah! I just- um- left something somewhere. Be right back," Leo stutters as he walks to where Xina and Yusei were standing.

"Where are you going?" Luna asks him, suspicious of his behavior.

"Oh uh, you know that place with the- whoa look at the time. I got to go, bye!" Leo stutters again before running off, leaving everyone confused.