Chapter 1

Hello, this is my first time writing a fully fleshed out story, so it you have any constructive criticism please tell me, I am at your mercy.

Also the characters and world belong to JK Rowling, all brilliance should be directed at her, I'm just using them. I have also added an original character.

*-*-*-*-*-

'thoughts'

*-*-*-*-*-

It was another normal day for Harry, wake up at to Aunt Petunia yelling, make breakfast for the Dursleys, do everything that they asked and pray that they did not punish him for something or another. Though Harry was soon to be in his fourth year at Hogwarts he still had no ammunition to use against his relatives, not since Dumbledore had told them about Sirius not being an actual murderer. So, Harry was stuck in this perpetual way until school came, where he would undoubtedly be behind everyone yet again, due to all his things besides Hedwig being locked up in his cupboard.

Though the day was normal this night certainly wasn't, the days dread that harry felt came to a crescendo as soon as Vernon stepped through the door. He was visibly drunk, his face red and the vein in his neck and head seemed to throb as if sensing the impending anger he would feel once his eyes landed on Harry.

Harry knew where this was going, he shrunk back into the wall and shadows hoping that Vernons eyes would skim over him and he would go straight to bed and forget about the small wizard that lived with him and his family. His pleading prays were not heard it seemed, as Vernons eyes zeroed in on him and with a bellowing "BOY" Harry was snatched by his hair and dragged up the stairs into his room.

Vernon threw Harry to the floor and locked the door, Harry having some semblance of where this was going panicked and tried to get out through the window and the bars placed over them. However, it seemed that nothing Harry could do would help him now, he was yanked back by his hair and once again thrown to the floor.

As soon as he landed a series of kicks and punches came flying his way, Vernon was yelling, but Harry could hardly tell what about, all he could focus on was trying not to let out any sound, or make the beating worse.

Suddenly the pain tripled as the belt buckle found its way to Harrys back, the pain just kept coming and coming and soon enough Harry couldnt hold in his sounds, a low pitched pained filled sob falling out of Harrys mouth. Vernon hearing this went on another tirade about Harry being selfish and a freak and deserving another round due to the freakish sounds he was making.

Harry knowing that he would not be able to endure another round of torture less he dies begged to anything and everything that was out there to help him, to save him from this miserable existence. The pain and blood loss were too much for Harry and his eyes started to droop, in Harry's final moments of consciousness he thought he felt his magic and that of another soothing presence wrap around him, but that couldnt be true, his magic had never flared and appeared when he was having a beating from Vernon. Harry's eyes finally shut and he was whisked away into darkness where hopefully nothing else could hurt him now.

*-*-*

Consciousness finally found Harry, as well as unimaginable pain. Slowly without trying to make any noise as to alert the Dursleys, Harry got up and found the two- way mirror that Sirius gave him. Peering at it Harry was left in a state of shock, his once green eyes were now glowing; one staying the original emerald and the other a gold, both having flecks of grey in them. They were in slits, like that of a cat.

Harrys midnight black hair was now longer going down just past his shoulders with the bottom half of his hair being a startling silver grey. On top of his head sat two black cat like ears that twitched every now and again. Harry stared at himself in disbelief, 'Aunt petunia and Uncle Vernon were right, I am freak', is the only thought running through Harrys head. Harry just continued to stare at himself until a pecking at the window caught his attention.

A beautiful eagle owl was at his window, with slight hesitance Harry opened the window, the bird flew through the bars and perched with Hedwig sticking his foot out for Harry. Once the letter was in Harrys hand the bird left flying back out the way it came.

Harry flipped over the letter to see the Gringotts seal on the back, though this caused Harry's panic to rise a little due to the fact that he was unsure as to why Gringotts would contact him, Harry took a deep breath and unsealed the letter.