someday you would understand these words

jungkook finished work an hour before jitae did, because there was a lot of washing and sorting they were doing today as well as putting together stage outfits. it wasn't a problem, of course, actually it allowed jungkook some time to get things ready for their date this afternoon. he had a plan, a personally he though it was rather cute.

after they had both finished work, jungkook met jitae at the front door, everything in place and perfect. of course, jungkook's original plan had been food and a picnic by the river, but he supposed there would be a hard no on being near the water.

so he went with his second plan, a better one in his opinion now that he thought of it. of course, he may have had help thinking of it from hoseok because he had a standard of dates and date ideas thanks to his relationship where of course they loved to one-up each other - and jungkook was so thankful hoseok was with someone so competitive about petty things like who planned the better date.

jungkook must have gone home and dressed up, that's what jitae assumed anyway because he had seen what jungkook had come to work in this morning and it was not this. he was dressed beautifully, a black turtleneck hugged his body, matched with simple slacks, though he was holding what appeared to be a grey coat too, if jitae had to guess he would place it at maybe knee-length or mid-thigh. this smart look looked so good it almost honestly had jitae melting at the knees.

"i brought you something to change into, the place we're going is kind of nice so you might have to," jungkook says as jitae walks out, earning a smile and soft laugh as they traded jitae's work back for a small stack of clothes.

"i'll go back in and change then," jitae sung. he spun on his heel and walked back in, returning a moment later and garnering a very happy look from jungkook who was still waiting by the car.

when jitae returned he was no longer donning the sweater and jeans he had arrived in that day, instead he wore slim fit slacks and a loose black shirt detailed in white seams and a white collar - the shirt tucked to nicely show his waist and figure. jitae smiled a little and showed it off, making jungkook smile a little.

"you look really good," he compliments. jitae smiles but lifts his hand to cover his mouth, eyes squeezing into perfect little crescents as he laughs and leans back a little.

"you do to! i can't take all the compliments," jitae challenges playfully. the pair move swiftly to their respective doors and get into the awaiting car, jungkook placing his coat on the back seat and jitae doing the same with the clothes he had just recently changed out of. the pair buckled and the car roared to life.

"am i allowed to know where we are going?" jitae pipes up as jungkook pulls out into traffic.

"hmm? oh, yeah, i made a reservation for us at the restaurant that's up in the seoul tower," he explains, smiling with an air of pride over what he had planned for them, "then i thought we could go up further and look around at everything, it rotates so you can see all of seoul from up there."

"that sounds so cool. the seoul tower's that weird round one i keep seeing right?"

"yeah, we're going to be up in the round bit."

"wow," jitae was at a loss for words, thinking about the fact he was going to be in such a restaurant. "it must be really fancy, are you sure we're dressed up enough?" he then asks, voice hurried and tense.