oh i've got no name

a/n: this was almost in the last part but i spilt it into two parts instead...

- - - - -

he began to wander home again to the apartment he and jungkook shared, trying to make sure he was on the right road but he must have taken a wrong turn somewhere because an hour of walking later and he wasn't home, and he only walked maybe twenty minutes this morning. so he called jungkook again.

"hey, jitae, remember something else?" jungkook asks.

"uh, no... more forgotten," jitae admits, looking around for street signs, "i'm lost."

"uh, okay. on your phone there's a maps app, open that up and i'll talk you through getting directions from it." jungkook's instructions were clear, so jitae felt confident to do that and soon enough he had a map to home.

"thank you, kookie," jitae says, remembering that jungkook said he used to call him that. the name felt foreign on his tongue though, like he has never actually said it before.

"you're welcome, ji," jungkook says back, his tone smiley and happy. jitae supposed that 'ji' was what jungkook used to call him, it was cute and it made him smile. jungkook hung up and jitae began walking again, finally making it home. he was home alone for about an hour before jungkook arrived, seeing jitae sitting on the couch watching some drama. jungkook grinned. his love was remembering, he was truly getting better.

the couch was faced away from the door, and it seemed as though jitae hadn't seen him. jungkook moved slowly towards him. once he neared he placed his hands on jitae's shoulders, causing the other to spin around quickly and glare.

"that was not funny," jitae states, pouting as jungkook just laughs stupidly.

"it was a little funny. and hey, where do you want to go for our celebration?" jungkook asks, resting his chin on the back of the couch while jitae thinks.

"where did we go for our first dinner together?" jitae suggests casually, "who knows, it might trigger something else."

"that sounds perfect. you should dress up a little though, just a different shirt because i'm not sure how they'd feel about plaid." jungkook stands and gets them a booking, jitae heading to his wardrobe in the meantime and changing his yellow over-shirt to a neat-looking, plain, cream-coloured sweater.

jungkook looked at him and grinned when he returned, the love in his eyes was something jitae only wished he could return, or had returned in the past. he didn't feel love yet, or at least he doesn't think he does. it hasn't been long enough yet for him to even really be comfortable in himself without thoughts let alone think of loving someone, even if he had already loved them in the past. jungkook held out his hand to offer, jitae looked at it a while but did take it. he supposed he should really, and it was nice holding jungkook like he was his, which he supposed he was.

after killing some time they headed to the car, jungkook in the drivers seat and jitae right beside. the sun was just starting to set as they left home.

"what date was this? when we first went," jitae asks. jungkook glances over after stopping at a read light.

"it was our... fourth?" jungkook thinks, counting in his head, "yeah, fourth."