it must be nice that you're a light

a/n: trigger warning - past self harm, scars

there was a knock at the door right on five past twelve. jitae had since showered, trying to clear his mind. he hated to thing of these things, these sour thoughts, he needed to forget them. yes he realised the irony in that fact, but that doesn't make it less true.

he opened the door, his hair still a little damp but he was otherwise dry and dressed. he had on a black and blue sweater with some comfortable pants, his feet bare.

he looked rather confused at the guy standing before him, dressed in a striped shirt and loose, black, three-quarter pants. he held a white plastic bag in one hand and had a backpack on. a grin spread across the guys face a moment.

"park jitae, my name is kim taehyung, it is nice to meet you again," he says joyously with a big boxy smile that made jitae just want to smile too. taehyung held out his free hand, jitae shook it, laughing a little.

"come inside," jitae says, stepping to one side to allow taehyung entry. taehyung comes inside without hesitation placing the food on the kitchen bench and spinning to look to jitae.

"i bought you your favourite, it was your favourite because of the memories attached so i thought i should bring it, see if it stirs anything up in there," taehyung says. he grabs out the top container of take-out chinese and opens it. "wait that's mine. this is yours," he hands jitae the bag.

"thank you," jitae grins. he takes the bag and goes to the couch, taehyung following swiftly and sitting at the opposite end to where jitae seats himself. the pair of them open their food, taehung digging in straight away but jitae just stabbed at it for a second before he took a bite.

only disappointment came when no memories flooded back. nothing came to his mind at all so he huffed. taehyung looked at him confusedly.

"you okay?" taehyung asks while chewing his mouthful. jitae nods weakly, stabbing at the food a little more.

"yeah, i was just hoping i'd remember something," he huffs, leaning back a little and eating some more.

"well, maybe it'll just take a little bit?"

"hopefully," jitae says through his mouthful. a silence settled over them, an air of a little awkwardness hung there also. "hey, how did we meet?" jitae asks suddenly. taehyung perked up.

"we were in the same class in year two, i'd just moved to seoul from daegu and didn't have any friends. you called me over and offered a seat at your table. we were friends ever since," he smiles widely, a smile that jitae thought may have even be iconic for him.

"what was i like, when i was little?" jitae asks. taehyung thinks a second.

"well, you were sort of shy, you told me you'd just moved too, because you were adopted," taehyung explains, "we promised to be friends forever, sort of a stupid promise but hey it's worked so far," taehyung eats more and jitae just laughs. "you definitely became more extroverted while i knew you, was that my fault? well..."

"i suppose we shall blame you then," jitae says as he continues with his lunch.

"okay, my fault, sure," taehyung laughed. he and jitae simply ate for a second, taehyung thinking a little longer.

pluto || jikookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें