i used to be your star

a/n: how are you enjoying this so far?

- - - - -

jitae woke up and nothing had changed. his hand was still on jungkook's chest and jungkook's was still on his. jungkook slept soundly, his chest rising and falling softly. jitae just watched jungkook breathe, listened to it. it was nice, laying here like this, it was really nice.

jitae thought about everything. he really was trying to remember something, anything. he wanted to remember jungkook, what it felt like to really love him, the endless nights and mornings like this one. of course, he had to admit he was falling for the guy, he was prepared to as he has already before, and with the way jungkook acted around him he still love him too.

jungkook drew a deep breath and groaned, jitae looked up to see jungkook eyes open and look down to him. a small smile played on the younger's face, his lower lids puffing a little. jitae smiled to him.

"i want to stay like this, just for a little while longer," jitae says. jungkook laughs and nods happily.

"of course, we can stay like this as long as you want, but i have work so we'll have to get up eventually you know," jungkook laughs. jitae nods and snuggles into jungkook some more.

"did we always sleep like this?" jitae asks. jungkook shakes his head.

"not always. sometimes, yeah, but sometimes we faced eachother, other times you faced away and i hugged you from behind, just depends." jitae was happy with that answer. "did you like it? cuddling in sleep i mean."

"yeah, yeah i liked it," jitae says, looking to jungkook with a grin, "i dunno, you feel safe."

"i'm glad i feel safe, because i will always look out for you, okay?" jungkook says, pressing a kiss to jitae's forehead before back-tracking quickly, "sorry, i shouldn't have done that."

"no no, head kisses are okay," jitae responds with a laugh. jungkook nods again and just watches him. jitae leans over jungkook and grabs his phone, checking the time. "we should really get up and have breakfast."

"okay, i'll cook us some eggs, yeah? you want to make some toast?" jungkook suggests. jitae nods, sitting up in bed. jungkook sits up too, looking down at his bare body before shaking his head. "i'm not putting a shirt on." jitae laughed. they both got out of bed and headed for the kitchen.

"we keep the bread up the top, grab... four slices and just stick them in the toaster," jungkook says nicely as he grabs the eggs from the pantry, leaving the door open so jitae can grab some bread for toast.

jitae does as told, needing to be told how to use the toaster again but once the tabs were pointed out he got it fairly quickly on his own. once the toast was down, jitae went to the fridge and grabbed the butter, grabbed a knife and some forks from the cutlery draw, and some plates from the cupboard, placing them all neatly on the bench beside jungkook. their kitchen wasn't large so they were constantly bumping into each other.

the toast popped, jitae buttered them, jungkook served their eggs, and they sat down to eat, jungkook digging in instantly while jitae made sure all his eggs were on the toast before picking one of the slices up to eat. he couldn't help it, but he kept looking at jungkook as he ate. jungkook paused his eating.

"oh, yeah, we have this friend, taehyung, the two of you were friends since primary school. he text me yesterday and asked if you wanted him to come over but i completely forgot to text him back because of the remembering thing," jungkook says before stuffing his face with a bug bite of toast. jitae nodded.