i still revolve around you and nothing has changed

jitae had been home a couple of hours now, what jungkook actually did he wasn't one hundred percent sure, he just knew that he had more to do than usual today, even though that as a background dancer he was busy this time of year anyway. eventually though, jungkook does return home, jitae looking at him as he walks in the front door, the other then grinning as he looks to jitae.

"get changed, i'm taking you to dinner tonight," jungkook says, jitae humming right after.

"okay? why?" he asks, furrowing his brows, in confusion. his tone changed when jungkook held up a piece of paper, handing it to jitae to have a read. jitae skimmed it in his head, quickly beaming proudly, forgetting the part of him that wanted to hang back from jungkook a while and jumping at him for a hug.

"you got a promotion! jungkook!" jitae says happily, jungkook laughs and holds jitae close and tight. what the paper had said was the following.

jungkook jeon,
it is with great pleasure than we can inform you that you have received a promotion to assistant choreographer.
...
this promotion comes with many extra responsibilities and we will be working closely with mr. jung to make sure you are fulfilling your role correctly.
bang sihyuk, ceo.

jungkook laughed and smiled, jitae just did the same. it's amazing really, how one piece of good news can make bad news evaporate in this way. the hatred and regret the pair of them had for each other was nowhere to be seen now as they celebrated the achieved gained by jungkook.

"now, we need to get ready, dinner, remember?" jungkook says, nodding and slipping away to their room. jitae followed with a huge grin on his face. they found outfits each and were both ready within about twenty minutes. the pair of them dressed nicely, jitae modeled the fanciness of his outfit off what jungkook was choosing out for himself, so while it was tidy it wasn't flashy. jungkook had chosen out some tidy, intact blue jeans, tightened around his waist with a belt that held a black t-shirt in place also, over top a beige button up stayed open with the sleeves neatly rolled to the elbow. jitae on the other hand went with black pants and a vertical striped shirt in orange and a cream-almost-white- colour, detailed in black. the pair looked rather nice.

"am i allowed to know where we are going?" jitae asks, jungkook simply shakes his head and grabs his hand, pulling him out of the room and down to their car.

"we've never been before but i said that if i ever get this promotion we will go there for dinner, so ta da!" jungkook was overly happy, and he had every reason to, he had gotten the promotion he had always wanted. jitae was happy for him, he should be. surely this had been a thing before and it was a rather huge promotion, assistant choreographer?

"well, i hope it's good, you've been hyping it enough," jitae teases. jungkook laughs and starts the engine. the car roars into life and the pair of them are quickly on the move.

"oh it will be, i can promise you that," jungkook says, driving them through the city. jitae looks out the window at the passing lights. they drove to the waterfront, the to the bridge. the traffic was flowing, but full. they were in the lane closest to the side of the bridge so jitae had a beautiful view over the edge down to the river, seeing all of the city lights. the water was dark and bottomless under them, waves unseen due to the distance.

unlike those waves.

the waves when the water was a deep blue-green. he stood on the outside of the footbridge railing and looked down at the water, white caps of waves caused by currents, the surface of the water holding unseen secrets. it was calling him.

"jump."

the water below beckoned him to join it under the bridge. the was waiting for him to get close, to let himself be embraced in the cold cradle of a strangling airless void. the water was waiting. it lapped at the supports of the bridge as it continued down stream towards the ocean, how far would his body get? would it get out to sea?

he wasn't sure. but he did know one thing.

he jumped.

the smiles fell from jitae's face as he remembered, his eyes zipping to his lap to get the thought out of his head. was... was that the same river? jungkook noticed the other's change in demeanor very quickly.

"jitae? are you good?" he asks, glancing at him but his eyes always returned to the road so they didn't crash. the car wouldn't stop for them to talk, everyone would keep driving, they all had places to be. jitae looked up from his lap, looking to jungkook and smiling weakly as though meant to console him, like he was trying to say 'i'm fine' though his eyes were saying a complete one-eighty.

"yeah, i'm good, i was just thinking," he reassured. jungkook didn't appear to be having a bar of it.

"did you remember something? what were you thinking of?" he asks, obvious concern playing on his voice as he inquired about the well being of his boyfriend - the same boyfriend who in return only shook his head and said nothing on the subject. jungkook didn't like the silence, hell he despised it with a passion because he didn't know how to make it better. "jitae?"

"i'm okay, jungkook, really," jitae says, answering a little too fast for it to be trustworthy and real, the speed and tone defensive rather than reassuring. he knew that, as soon as he spoke he knew that he had said it wrong, that it hadn't come out in the way he had meant it to. jungkook left it there for now, he would bring it up later but honestly he didn't want to ruin the fact they were getting better, like really better.

.

.

.