why you did what you did, why you chase me away

jungkook was at the hospital as soon as possible, but when he heard of how his jitae was he wanted to break down further.

"he's still the same person, he just can't remember anything right now," he was told by the doctors. they all expected his memories to come back, jungkook only hoped they did. to him this was his worst nightmare. they'd come here for a nice trip and days later jitae was found in the river almost drowned. it was hell.

it could be worse though.

elsewhere in the hospital, a woman wailed after having to identify the body of the boy she raised when his parents abandoned him.

jungkook walked into the room slowly, the man on the bed looking over at him confusedly and cocking an eyebrow. jungkook couldn't help but grin from ear to ear, letting out a sigh of pure relief as his eyes scanned over every single inch of him.

"jitae, you're okay," jungkook says joyously. jitae pauses.

"i assume i'm supposed to know you then," he says, sounding like he was sorry for doing so.

"my name is jungkook. we have been dating for two and half years," jungkook introduces, jitae's eyes and mouth fly open in surprise.

"i'm dating you? no way, you're way too hot," jitae says disbelievingly. jungkook just laughs. "how did we meet?"

"well, a friend of mine that has known you since you moved introduced us," jungkook started explaining, sitting down finally, "you thought you had a shot and you used one of those stupid pick up lines on me," jitae burst into laughter.

"i did? oh god, i am so sorry," he laughed, "i suppose it worked though."

"yeah, i suppose it did." jungkook wanted to kiss jitae, to hold him, to simply enjoy the fact that he was back. "so, you remember nothing?"

"not a thing, not even my birthday," jitae frowns, looking at his knees. jungkook looks down too. "when can i leave here? i assume we live together?" jitae asks.

"yeah, we moved in together about a year ago. we live in seoul. and i think we can go home tomorrow morning," jungkook answers.

"do we have pets?"

"no, it just the two of us. our landlord doesn't allow pets sadly," jungkook laughs, "you always said we should get a tiny little dog that was easy to hide anyway." jitae laughed too.

"did i really say that?" he asks in disbelief, jungkook simply nodding. "did i have any pets when i was younger? do i have any at my parents' house?"

"yeah you have a labrador at your parent place, named kiku," jungkook smiles, "you were really annoyed that we couldn't take her."

"i suppose i am now too," jitae laughs. they chatted for a little bit, jungkook mostly reintroducing himself to jitae, which he hated but he could quickly see the love flowing back into his boyfriend's eyes and honestly, that made him happier than anything. jungkook had to leave for the night but he was back early as in the morning.

"i still do get why they had to cut my clothes up," jitae huffs, dressing behind the curtains while jungkook sat on one of the other empty beds in the ward.