i still revolve around you without a name

a/n: honestly i have written jk to be so soft, enjoy

- - - - -

jitae woke up earlier than jungkook, rolling over in bed alone as he had requested. he wasn't quite ready to share a bed and even though he offered to use the couch jungkook made sure to get there first, leaving jitae to sleep in their room.

he sat up in bed and covered his face a second, remembering all he could, which was only yesterday. he felt that he had to make sure he remembered because it's all he could remember.

getting out of bed rather swiftly ha got dressed, choosing blue jeans and a black turtle neck he found in his closet he supposed he owned, and looking at himself in the mirror on the back of the door he did look rather great in it. so he headed out to the living room, not surprised to see jungkook still sleeping peacefully under a blanket on the couch.

jitae's eyes lingered on the bare skin that he could see under the blanket. why he lingered he wasn't sure, he just did. seeing jungkook and knowing - however, sadly not remembering - that they had been together for years, it didn't seem like it was real. as he stared he told himself it felt like that because he couldn't remember, but when his memories came back it would feel just as normal as it did before, everything would.

he went to the fridge and looked at what food was there, he saw a container with a post-it, on it, inside was what appeared to be some sort of mince and pasta mix.

jitae,
i made this for you for breakfast this morning,
put it in the microwave or eat cold.
- jk

jitae smiled and looked around, noticing more post-its on the microwave, one saying 'push here to open', and another giving instructions on how to use. he could really see why he used to love jungkook, and he was definitely falling hard again.

the beeping of the microwave woke jungkook. he groaned and rolled on the couch, jitae's eyes snapping to him as he sat up from where he lay. after quickly fixing his hair and rubbing his eyes he looked towards the kitchen, looking as though he could fall back to sleep at any moment.

"sorry, jungkook, i was just heating up breakfast," jitae explains, unable to tell why he needed to quickly defend himself. jungkook stands and stretches before shuffling to join jitae in the kitchen, wearing only pajama pants.

"it's alright, you're alright, eat up okay," jungkook says, wiping his mouth and holding his shoulder before leaning on the bench. jitae nods and grabs his food out of the microwave, mixing it with a fork and looking down at it, jungkook had made some for himself, right?

"do you want some?" jitae asks, offering the container to jungkook just in case. jungkook shook his head but smiled.

"i made more, i just need to wake up a second lo-" jungkook was cut off by a yawn, his eyes fluttering shut as he stood there. jitae just laughed and sat the at breakfast bar to eat. it was so good, a little spice but not heaps which was great, and the pasta was well cooked, even after being in the microwave; jitae just wished he could have had it when it was just made instead of the morning after.

jitae had almost finished when jungkook sat down with his container of the same thing, just as jungkook starts eating jitae speaks up.

"where do my parents live?" he asks, jungkook looks up.

"other side of seoul, how come?" jungkook asks with his mouth still basically full.