have you really found eris?

a cheery knock at the door announces the arrival of kim taehyung. the sound of his forgotten friend gets jitae off the couch as the man outside calls to be let in.

"the chicken's getting cold, come on!" he yells through the door in a strange accent, causing jitae to laugh. he understands, honestly, why taehyung is his friend, the fact that he takes such a small and simple moment and turns it into something that make jitae laugh, well, it made him laugh. jitae swings the door open and comes to face with a boxy smiled boy carrying a very nice smelling plastic bag.

"finally, i though i would be out here forever," taehyung says, obviously joking around as he is welcomed in by the shorter jitae. taehyung walks through the apartment, placing the bag on the kitchen bench and looking to jitae as he opens one of the drawers. instantly he begins digging around. "y'know, i really thought jungkook would be here."

"yeah well, he went to dinner with some others and, well i kind of wanted to bounce something off you," jitae admits, smiling weakly. taehyung simply nodded and handed jitae a pair of what he must have been looking for in the drawer - chopsticks.

"all good, i am very springy," taehyung says. the pair walk over to the couch and sit at opposite ends, facing each other. very quickly taehyung has stuffed his face, cheeks puffed full of chicken as he gestures for jitae to start talking. jitae laughs.

"right, well, um..." he thinks for a moment, taking a bite of chicken to avoid talking. his intention must have been obvious as taehyung speaks up, covering his mouth with his hand as he speaks with his mouth full.

"are 'ou 'onna spea' o' nah?" he asks, barely. jitae smiles and looks at his chicken a second.

"right," there is a pause, "so jungkook and i went on a date and i think something changed." jitae picks up a piece of chicken and stuffs his mouth again.

"changed how?" taehyung sounded a little worried, covering his mouth only after saying that first bit, "i mean, has he changed? or you?" he asks. well, that jitae wasn't sure about, not being able to remember really what he was like before then - or he didn't have as much reference as before.

"me." jitae spoke simply and tried to avoid it, avoid the images of the man in his head forcing a soft smile to his face, enjoying his chicken though that wasn't what put the smile there.

"come on ji! you can't keep holding this stuff back from me like this, spill!" taehyung sounded like he was itching to hear it, hell he actually itched himself just then, his upper arm. jitae laughed softly and leaned his chopsticks against the outside of his chicken box.

"just, don't tell jungkook?"

"promise and swear it."

"okay," jitae drew a breath, "i think i'm in love with him again." it felt... weird to admit that. but he had been thinking about it and honestly every time he thought of jungkook he smiled, he was smiling right now thinking about him, and it's not like he was falling for him for the first time, this was just resurfacing emotions right? surely this would bring back memories or something, trigger something within him and fix something?

taehyung's eyes went wide.

"ji! that's great news, why can't i tell jungkook he's going to be thrilled!" he says excitedly, like he had told him he had a promotion or some stupid stuff like that.