all i do is receive you as you are

a/n: oof.

- - - - -

jitae hadn't told jungkook what had happened in the later part of the other day, with taehyung. actually several, fairly uneventful days passed before anything else happened.

of course things did happen in that time: jitae apologised to taehyung for kicking him out and they chatted more, jungkook had bought jitae out for dinner again, and such things. actually, that dinner is why today happened.

we'll flash back a little.

the day after taehyung's visit, jungkook picked jitae up after work and headed to the river to eat. they sat back a bit from the water, quite a while back - actually, as far as the seats would allow. jitae chose the spot, saying there were less people back here. that was true, but there was only three people near the water and they were all sitting together.

"come on, jitae, let's move closer," jungkook says, knowing they had to walk forward to drop their now empty take-out containers in the rubbish bin.

"no... i like sitting back here," jitae says. jungkook scoff and runs to the bin, then runs on. "jungkook, be careful!"

the board section of the riverside where people walked didn't have a rail of any kind, so there wasn't really anything to stop you from falling in if you ran too far.

jungkook sat at this part of the riverside boardwalk.

jitae stood and walked closer, not wanting to sit alone and needing to throw things in the bin. he didn't go as close however. only getting to the front seat and refusing to het closer.

"i could fall in," he would say when jungkook asks him to move closer.

"i can hold you while you sit down if you want," jungkook reasoned.

"i-" jitae was stumped. he had to think a moment before he said something else. "i don't want to."

he didn't mean for it, but on the last two words his voice shook.

"jitae, it's just the river theirs nothing dangerous about it," jungkook says, standing and walking back over to where jitae was sitting. he sat beside him, leaning forward to look at his face when jitae looked away.

"i don't know, it just scares me," jitae swallows. jungkook's face becomes as soft as anything, his body moving closer to jitae's to hold him close.

"i get it, i'd hate the water too if i almost drowned," jungkook says understandingly.

then, jungkook had a bright idea.

now, they are at the pools. jungkook has already slipped into the mid access of the play pool. this pool started really shallow and slowly got deeper - the tiles were painted to make it look like a beach - and about half way between the shallow part and the deep part was an access where you could get in without having to walk past the toddlers and little children that occupied the shallows. this part of the pool had light blue tiles and the water reached to the top of jungkook's shorts where he had jumped in.

jitae still stood on one of the steps you had to take to get to said access point, holding the rail and looking at jungkook as he stood in the water. the pair of them only wore swimtrunks, jungkooks being mid thigh and with a dark blue tribal design, while jitae's were slightly longer with three evenly-sized horizontal stripes in black, grey, and blue.