if i could, i wanted to ask

a/n: yes it's been a hot minute but it's finally here, enjoy!

- - - - -

jungkook looks over the trip photos, wishing he had followed his love here so much earlier. seeing all the beautiful photos of his beautiful jitae is amazing, and he has been making sure to perfectly label all of them before putting them in the album he had purchased just for this trip.

"hey kookie," a soft voice sings from behind him. jungkook spins in the chair he is on and looks at his amazing boyfriend, "i'm just going to go out a little while, i'll be back though, i promise."

"where are you going?" jungkook inquires, surprised he wasn't inviting him to leave as well. jitae just smiles cheekily.

"you aren't allowed to know that." jitae slides back on the little patch of lino by the door and puts on his shoes.

"hey! why can't i know?" jungkook asks, not seriously. he gets a wink.

"because it's a surprise." honestly, that isn't a surprise, jitae often left their home to buy jungkook stupid little presents, it was one of his favourite things about him. not because he got things, but because he knew that jitae loved him.

"fine! but you better bring me back one of those nice custard things as well," jungkook says in a fake bossy tone.

"yes, my lord." the snarky comment came with a swift bow and is followed by jitae leaving out the front door of their hotel room. jungkook just laughs and shakes his head.

- - | | - -

jimin waited at the school gate to pick up the children, leaning against the small cheap car he was stone-faced and staring at the ground. he hadn't seen these kids in a while, not since he moved out of the orphanage he grew up in and that was only just two years ago. he had moved out at twenty-one, after living there and earning a little cash by being classed as an official worker for three years.

he was surprised the three children recognized him. they were the eldest three, fifteen, thirteen, and twelve respectively, and they had all been super close to jimin before he left.

"jimin!" the eldest, a girl named sunae, recognized him first, running at him. the other two, boys named inseok and jinho, ran up to him right after. all three hugged him tightly, jimin plastered on a wide smile.

"we missed you so much!" jinho says, the three of them ending the hug and looking up at jimin.

"i missed you all too! i have a few days off so i thought i would come stay, and why not pick you three up from school too?" jimin says. he moves around the car to the driver's door. "get in."

the whole twenty minute drive to the orphanage was spent with the three children telling jimin everything that had happened since he had moved out. so much had happened, some people had left, others had joined, jimin didn't know what to make of it.

they reach the place and all got out, the three super excited to reveal him to everyone. it hurt being back, staring at the brightly coloured walls, memories of school and his early years here floating in his mind. his later years though were grabbing his hands and dragging him inside.

"everyone! everyone jimin's here!" inseok cheered, the children who knew jimin all rushed him and the fake smile came back, though it was a little more real now, even if it wasn't truly happy.