Chapter Twenty Nine

Jasmine

Friday flew by, and before I knew it, it was the afternoon and I was waiting at the clubhouse for Jenna to arrive. It had been a long and at times hard week, and I was so grateful she was coming to visit.
Christian left early that morning to do some club work. When I asked him what it was, he got all shitty with me and said I had to trust him, and stop asking those types of questions. This had, of course, led to an argument, because all I had been trying to do was show an interest in what he did. I apologised and tried to explain where I'd been coming from, but I'd already annoyed him and so we hadn't resolved it before he left.

I checked my watch

I checked my watch. It was just after four o'clock and I still hadn't heard from Jenna. Needing some fresh air, I took myself outside and sat in the good of Christians jeep. Going over and over my conversation with him from that morning was not helping me; it was just making me frustrated with the whole situation. And that was not good for our relationship.
I heard the rumble of a bike, and turned to see Christian pulling in. He parked his bike and walked towards me, a grim look on his face. "Babe, what are you doing out here by yourself?" He asked, coming to a stop just in front of me, but making no move to kiss me hello.
I slid off the car to put myself closer to him, and put my hand on his chest; our bodies almost touching. "I've been thinking about stuff. About you."
He frowned. "What stuff?"
"I'm sorry I caused a misunderstanding between us this morning. I want to know about the things going on in your life, that's all. Not necessarily your club stuff, just about you."
His body relaxed and he placed his hand over mine on his chest. Breathing out a long breath, he said, "okay." He paused for a moment before adding, "Do you trust me? Trust that anything I do is done for a good reason?"
"I do, but-"
He cut me off. "Either you do, or you don't babe."
"Okay, I do."
He nodded. "Right, do you need to trust me on this one."
We stood, eyeing each other while I weighed what he had said. Finally, I agreed, "all right, I will."
"Good," he muttered, and pulled me to him, wrapping me in his arms. He laid a kiss on the top of my head, and then said, "I love you. Love what you do for me."
"I love you, too." And I did. But fuck this was hard; fighting against all my instincts to need to know more. I just hoped that over time it would get easier, and that we would find a happy middle ground where he would share some things and I would be able to let some things go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hung up from Jenna, disappointed. One of the other receptionist she worked with had been in a car accident and was stuck in hospital, which meant Jenna had to cover all of her shifts. Although I was sorry for her workmate, it meant that I wouldn't get to see her anytime soon and that sucked. I'd been looking forward to girly time this weekend, especially some deep and meaningful s about my relationship with Christian. Jenna had a way of helping me see situations from a different angle, and I felt like I really needed her insights at the moment.