Chapter Five

Jasmine

Where the fuck did he go?

I scanned the crowd, anxiously trying to look for him, but he was no where. Jenna look at me with a confused look on her face. He's here, I mouthed. Her eyes widened as she knew who I was on about. A hand sliding down my waist to my ass brought me back to who was behind me. I grab the strangers hand and spin so I'm now facing him, he wasn't bad looking. He kind of reminded me of nick from the backstreet boys. I smile at him and stand of my tip toes to whisper in his ear. "Thanks for the dance, but I'm going to head back to my friends now."

I turn to walk away, but backstreet boy grabs my wrist and pulls me to his chest. "Your not going anywhere beautiful, the songs not even over yet."

"Look hotshot," I say gritting my teeth, "I'm not interested, try your luck with one of the other girls here."

Again I turn to walk away. He grabs my wrist again, harder this time. "I said, YOUR NOT-" before he could finish his sentence, backstreet boy was out cold on the floor. In his place stood a very pissed Christian.

 In his place stood a very pissed Christian

Where the fuck did he come from!

My heart beat faster and I blocked everything else out of my mind focused on the man stood in front of me. He looked as pissed as I was, fists balled up and panting so hard I could see his chest rise and nostrils flare frantically. Yeah, I bet he didn't want this gig and I could picture the battle be probably had with Sam about it.

It had been two years since we'd seen each other and while my head was screaming that it didn't want to see him, my body betrayed me. I had that fluttery feeling in my stomach; felt that familiar need, deep to my core. No man had ever affected me like he did.

He took a step closer to me, he ignored everyone around us. "Jasmine."

His gravelly voice did me in; it always had. Weak at the knees, took a deep breath to steady myself; there was no way he would see me falter. He'd sent me away two years ago, ripped my heart out and crushed it, and I would be damned if he discovered what he was still capable of doing to me. Lifting my face, I met his eyes. "Christian."

Shit.