Chapter Sixteen

Christian

An hour later, we still hadn't found her. I was surprised but relieved not to find her at harry's; I didn't want to think about how I would have reacted if we had found here there. We visited xome of her old friends, and pissed them all off by walking them up. But none of them had seen her ir heard from her. Sam was ropeable and I was pretty close. The we got a call from Bucky; Jasmine had shown up at the clubhouse.

We made our way back, and as I stormed into the bar, I noted her tear-stained face, but paid no attention to it. I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her towards me. "Have you any fucking idea how worried we have been?" I yelled at her.

She crumbled into my arms and started to sob. My reaction was automatic; I held her close, running my hand over her hair, trying to soothe her. The anger left me, and I felt the need to make everything all right for her. "Where were you baby?" I asked.

She didn't answer me and Sam barked at her, "Answer us, Jasmine

She didn't answer me and Sam barked at her, "Answer us, Jasmine. Where the fuck were you?"

I looked up at him, anger burning through me again, but this time directed at him. "Back the fuck off brother. In fact, everyone get the fuck out of here," I bellowed, and when no one moved, I added, "Now!"

People started moving out of the room and Sam stood there glaring at me for a minute or so, and then he left too.

I pulled back a little from Jasmine, to look in her eyes, "Baby, what's going on? Talk to me."

Her eyes slid to mine and the heartache I saw there stabbed me in the fucking heart

Her eyes slid to mine and the heartache I saw there stabbed me in the fucking heart. "I went to Kelly's house. I just sat outside and remembered stuff, you know, the good times we'd had, even the bad. Christian, I miss her so much. I can't believe she's gone. Even though we weren't friends anymore, I always thought we'd patch it up." Tears streamed down her face.

"Fuck." I didn't know what else to say. I was useless at this shit, so I just pulled her close again and held her, letting her get it all out.

Eventually, she unwrapped her arms from me and wiped the tears from her face. "Sorry. I guess it is really hitting me, now that I'm back here," She apologised.

"No need to say sorry. But the next time you want to take off, for fuck's sake let one of us know where you're going okay?"

"Okay."

I doubt she meant it. Jasmine did whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted. "Blake is back, apparently. That's why we were all so pissed at you. Plus, and might find this hard to believe, we all care about you."

She stayed quiet for a moment, appraising me, and the she offered, "Thank you. I'm going to bed now. Goodnight."

She left and I stood in stunned silence. She had surprised the fuck out of me and I hated to admit it, but my heart was starting to want what my dick wanted.