Chapter Twenty Two

Jasmine

A couple of hours later, I woke to the sound of Christian speaking in a hushed tone on his phone. He was sitting on the edge of the bed with his back to me, running a hand through his hair. I admired his back and the way his muscles rippled as his arm moved, including The Brotherhood tattoo I had grown up with and knew so well from my father; it held so much meaning to me. I sighed, I was home. Christian was home, and The Brotherhood was home.

Christian finished his call and stood. He gave me a quick glance as he walked towards his bathroom; his face was tear streaked and eyes red raw. Shit! What's happened?

I got up and quickly dressed.

He came out of the bathroom and abruptly stopped when he took in my state of dress. "I thought you were still asleep?"

"Christian, what's wrong?" I got straight to the point, if I did something wrong I wanted to know, now. If we were going to fix things, it started with being honest with one another. "Did I do something wrong?"

He came to me and cupped my cheek, grazing my lips with his thumb

He came to me and cupped my cheek, grazing my lips with his thumb. "No, baby. You've done nothing wrong." His eyes started to water up again.

It was my time to cup his face, "Chris? What's going on?" Worry lacing my words.

He took several breaths trying to compose himself. "Jazz...Something happened after we left yesterday." I studied his face, confused as to what could of happened. "During the fight last night, there were several shots that went off. At the time we didn't know who shot them or who they hit."

"There were many shots that went off, everyone was okay when we left. I didn't see anyone who was shot other than Blake and his guys." I tried to tell him

He took another deep breath, this time looking away from me. "Baby... your...your dad was hit"

"WHAT?!" I said completely confused now. "He was fine when we left."

He looked me directly in the eyes now, tears still threating to fall. "He was hit in the side of the chest, with all the adrenaline coursing through he wouldn't have been able to feel it at the time."

I threw his cut at him. "Well, get dressed. What hospital is he at?"

His hand clasped round my wrist and pulled me back down onto the bed. "He's not at the hospital Jasmine."

"What do you mean he's not at the hospital? Do be so fucking stupid Christian, he was shot in the chest of course he's-" I stopped suddenly, putting at all together. His tears, the serious talk and my father not being in hospital.

He takes my hands in his, "I'm so sorry baby, but he didn't make it."

"