Prologue

"Kacchan!" I remember shouting, the sunlight and wind brushing over his blonde hair gently, as if to raise his ego further by making him believe weather would bow to him. "Let's go get  Zuku-San and play!" I had run after him, my hair in two spiky braids behind me back. Katsuki had always been faster and better at me in many fields, but I never minded. I was okay with being under his shadow at the time. My older brother by two minutes, and I looked up to him. He was amazing to me, the best you could be. Katsuki was my first goal, then All Might. I wanted to be like them.

"Okay, come on, Kagome," he'd said smiling brightly and reaching his hand towards mine. He was fast. I was slightly less faster. He was tall, I was slightly less taller. You get the gist. Katsuki loved to show off to me and Izuku even before he got a quirk. He wasn't the humblest person on earth, but he wasn't bad. A bit self-centered, but he cared so much for me and Izuku Midoriya. But this day, the very one I'm telling you about changes all of that.

We were running as fast as we could and had finished running to Zulu's door when he lets go of my hand. "Sorry, Kago," he chuckles at me nervously. "I just-!" And that's when the fireworks happened. Well, the explosions from Katsu's hands, like mini fireworks, arose in his hand. "ZUKU DID YOU SEE THAT?!"

"Wow, Kacchan! Hey, Kago-Chan." He has already left the house when the fireworks happened. And his big green eyes grew bigger and greener, and his bushy green hair was basically frizzing in excitement.

"Hi, Zuku-San!" I giggled. "Kacchan, that's a really amazing quirk!" I cheer for him. I was always such a happy bean. If I met a random stranger who had achieved a goal, I would high five then and tell them I was proud, and talk to them about how proud I was until my mom had to drag me away or Katsu noticed I wasn't attached to him. He was somewhat protective, but I was always really clumsy and not very suave. Clever, smart, even genius, sure, but I was also a bit too nice at times. This wasn't even me of those times.

"Now I can protect you both," Katsuki puffed his chest out and walked all macho-like until he tripped on a stair. He was fine, but Izuku and I helped him up anyway. "I'm the one protecting you, not the other way around," he'd whined. Zuku and I backed off.

Sometime between that day when we were four and when we were six, I had gotten my quirk and we learned in the May after Katsuki and I turned six (Izuku was still five until July), that Izuku couldn't have a quirk. He was devastated. I was devastated for him. How was I supposed to go to U.A with my brother and best friend, if my best friend couldn't go there? I would have to manage I'd supposed at the time. Except by the time we were all six, it was around December, that I realized that my beloved, perfect older-by-two-minutes brother, Kacchan, wasn't protecting us so much as making fun of Izuku.

"Izuku's name can be read as Deku, which means stupid." He pointed out. I frowned at him and looked at Izuku.

"You can read that!" I sigh frustratedly at Zuku's innocence and Katsuki's stupid smile. "Cool!"

"I just called you stupid, Deku," Katsuki flicked him and smirked at him smugly. "You're a stupid, worthless, no-quirked little worm that I could step on and kill with just one high five." Katsuki said viciously, "Deku." And I gasped when he started lighting his hand. I smacked it away from a scared Izuku and hugged the greenette. "K-Kagome?"

"You know what else 'Deku' means, Zuku?" I ask him. "'Deku' comes from 'dekiru' and that means 'can.' You, Deku, Izuku, whatever you want, can be whoever you want and can do anything!" I turned on Katsu. "And Kacchan! That wasn't very nice!"

"Tch. Whatever," he rolled his eyes. I rolled mine, too.

I thought that he'd learned his lesson, but as I was coming home from swim practice, which Katsu didn't take, Katsuki was holding his hand close to Deku. I ran towards them and before Katsuki could hurt Izuku, I pushed him out of the way. Since I had the same quirk, it wouldn't hurt me as much as Deku. "KAGOME,  what the heCK!" He says, after the blast goes off. Behind me, a huge chunk of the garbage can is just burnt and Izuku is shuddering in fear in the ground a couple inches away. "Why do you insist on defending this dang- this quirkless nerd!"