What They Want [Chris Brown & Tyga Short Story] Chapter 20.

Chapter 20.

Michael.

“Mike wait!”

“Just stay here Cayce alright?”

“She’s my mom too, let me see her.” Cayce protested.

“No!” I said plain and simple. Chris and I ran down the hall and didn’t even bother catching the elevator that would just take too long, we ran down the three flights of stairs quickly, and through the doors that led to the lobby.

“There she is…”

“Okay thank you, yeah that’s my mother come on Chris.”

“Michael!”

“What are you doing?”

“I heard about the baby!” She said, speech slurred. The police holding her kept the cuffs on as she sat in the back seat.

“You can hear about him all you want but you not seeing my son, not like this.”

“I’m fine, I swear.”

“She’s drunk … You want me to take her down town to put her in a resting hole for tonight?” I looked from the police to my mom and shook my head.

“Yeah … I be down there in a few hours when she sobers up to bail her out.”

“Okay. Back in the car.”

“Mikey, please!”

“Please what? You left my sister home alone for two fucking days I knew you never changed you still the lowdown, crack head you were when I was little.”

“Mike--”

“No Chris let me finish she need to hear this shit … I’m done with you, I’ll let you see my son once but I’m done I’m taking my sister and were going back to my real home in VA but you? You can rot in hell.”

“So I slipped up once, I’ve been good the past 10 years, you better not take my baby away from me, your still MY son!” She said with just as much anger in her eyes as I had, she pointed at me through the bared windows.

“She’s still a minor and I’m a grown ass man so fuck you!”

“Mike you don’t mean that.”  Chris said with his hand on my shoulder. I shook my head and turned to him but pointing to my mother.

“I meant every word. Take her away she disgusts me.”

“What happened to giving her a chance my nigga? Look at you mad cause she drunk, she came back didn’t she? You are not Cayce obviously she is old enough to handle that situation if she survived two days.”

“You don’t leave a 10 year old alone at the house for days with no food to eat or heat to warm you at night man.”

“So she fucked up but that don’t change the fact she’s your mom and she loves you, and the shit you said didn’t make anything better, I bet if that police didn’t have her cuffed she would have ran off and left again, your words mean everything to her don’t you get that?” He said with a serious face, I clenched my jaw pacing away my anger. I shook my head understanding his words.

“Okay nigga I get it stop preaching at me.”

“You need to go see her, and apologize.”