What They Want [Chris Brown & Tyga Short Story] Chapter 2.

Chapter 2.

Chris.

“We meet again beautiful…”

“Oh brother … not you again.”

“Yep, it’s me. Chris Brown … And you are--”

“Not interested.”

“Oh is that French, or Spanish.” She chuckled and looked down at her desk.

“Look, your sweet but I’m really not interested okay…”

“Okay, but all I want to know is how a beautiful young lady like yourself could drive such a big car like a Bugatti Veyron 1,200 bhp Top Speed: 270 mph 431 km/h”

“Okay … I guess you know your cars…”

“Don’t even get me started on the price…”

“We don’t need that…”

“$1,700,000…”

“Close enough.”

“And that’s not even the US price … $1,930,000” I mumbled and flashed my dimple; she chuckled and tucked her hair behind her ear.

“Well, it was a present.”

“From who? The guy that makes Bugatti’s?”

“No, my dad.”

“Oh, so you’re a daddy’s girl?”

“Yeah I am.”

“Well just call me daddy … girl.” She chuckled again as the bell began to ring, my teacher closed the door and everyone scrammed to their seat. Throughout the whole class I tried my best to read her name off the paper but it’s like she knew. The more I looked the more she hid her name.

Playing hard to get.

I like it.

*

“So um, Not Interested … Can I get your name or what?”

“No Chris. You cannot get my name.”

“Damn, played again … This time in a hallway full of your peers, must be nice.”

“Shut up Mike, You find a girl yet?”

“Not yet.”

“What’s taking so long? You know what I got this…”

“No.”

Any girl that wants to date my nigga Michael Stevenson meet me at my car right now!” I yelled down the hallway, He clenched his jaw and stared at me.

“The fuck?”

“You was taking too long.” And with that I walked off towards my car. Once there girls were surrounding it, waiting to see what else I had to say about the relationship status of Mike.

“Chris … Chris!”

“Who calling me?”

“Chris!”

It was Hope, pushing her way through the crowd, she finally got to me and the expression on her face was priceless.

“Oh hey Ho—Hope…”

“Why did you do that to Ty?”

“It was a joke … Ladies, you can leave now.” They all awed in unison walking away from the car.

“Well, sometimes you take jokes too far … Grow up Chris!”

“Get some dick Hope…”

“You know what--”

“What?” She raised her hand to smack me but Tyga caught it first.

“Aye … We need to talk…”

Saved by the Michael…

Michael.

“…We need to talk.” She pulled her arm away and turned towards me.

“About what?”

“I will see you at home…”

“Alright … I waved Chris off … We need to talk about how you been ignoring me for three days.”

“I haven’t been ignoring you. I called.”

“When?”

“The other night…” She whispered. Looking away

“The other night when?”

“The other night when … Okay, so maybe I didn’t call, I’m sure you would have ignored the call anyway, aren’t you dating Parker now?”

“If you would have talked to me you would have known I’m not going to date her…” Her mouth slightly opened then closed.

“Oh.”

“Yeah … feel stupid huh?”

“No.”

“You should…”

“Okay, well who are you dating then, if you’re not dating parker?”

“Well, if she says yes … I could be dating the girl standing right in front of me.”

“You want to date me?” Hope said pointing at herself; I wrapped my right arm around her waist.

“Only if you say yes to being my girlfriend…”

“Yes.”

“You sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure … You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for you to ask me that.”

“I’m guessing about 8 years…”

“Just about.” I leaned down and kissed her lips softly. She wrapped her arms around my neck tightly.

“You know I love you right…”

“Like a friend … Yeah I know.”

“Yo Hope!”

“More like--”

“Hold that thought … Ya’ll ready to go practice?”

“Yeah, hurry the coach is tripping today.”

“Alright … I got to go Ty, softball practice is calling me…”

“Okay, have fun.” She kissed my lips again and ran off with her teammates. I sighed and rubbed my head stressfully.

*

“So, I found a girl…”

“Who?”

“…Uh, I made Hope my girlfriend … The bets off.”

“No nigga.”

“Yes, the bets off. I finally realized I love her, more than a friend.”

“Did she say she loved you?”

“No, but I know--”

“No? After 8 years she still hasn’t said she loved you?”

“Nah but you know girls man.”

“Look, it’s too late, the bet is on. I get Not Interested to fall for me; you get Hope to fall for you.”

“I can’t do this.”

“Well, you are … The bet is on.” I smacked my lips and walked out of Chris’ room, turning around and walking back. His head shot up from his phone.

“Maya…”

“What?”

“Nigga, her name is not Not Interested ... her name is Maya. Ugly ass nigga.”

“Maya?”

“Yes.” I slammed the door and walked into my room, falling hard on my bed. After thinking back it was true Hope has never said I love you in all eight years … Maybe she didn’t feel the same way, maybe this bet wouldn’t be as bad as I thought…