What They Want [Chris Brown & Tyga Short Story] Chapter 18.

Chapter 18.

Christopher.

“You’re what?”

“My water, we got to get to the hospital!” Maya said holding onto her stomach.

“How bad is the pain?”

“About a 6 right … she paused and winced in pain … Now!”

“Okay, I got my keys…”

“I’m sorry about your bed Mike.”

“It’s alright.” He said smiling and patting Maya on the knee before he turned to Whitney.

“You okay Whit?” He asked rubbing her face.

“I’m fine.” She said smiling through her pain, both Whitney and Maya’s water broke at the same time minutes before, I didn’t know what to make of Whitney’s pregnancy because she wasn’t in as much pain as Maya, and if she was she didn’t show it. I picked up Maya carrying her to the lobby even though she told me she could walk; I didn’t want to take any chances.

“Christopher, put me down … Really I can walk.”

“Oh.” I said plain and simple. She giggled and grabbed her stomach; I opened the door letting her in as Mike did the same in the back seat for Whitney.

“Mike you drive, I don’t know my way around here.”

“Give me your keys.” And with that being said we were off to the nearest hospital which was USC Women’s and Children’s hospital.

We pulled up to the hospital and two nurses ran straight to the girls, helping them into a wheel chairs and leaving us standing in the hallway until were could get anymore news.

After another nurse looked over my eye, patching it up and giving me a cooling patch I knew I had to take this opportunity to show Mike I changed after our talk, and after talking to his girl and that I was serious. Forreal this time, but he was using every opportunity to avoid me. I finally caught him at the vending machine preparing myself for a dirty look…

“Unless you want another black eye you’d back up.”

“I’m not even trying to start nothing in this hospital I’m just trying to apologize.”

“Okay…” He said taking a seat. I cleared my throat and sat down next to him.

“Listen, I’m sorry I kidnapped Whitney alright, I just – I don’t know why I did it but she was the only one who would listen.”

“Why would she do it man … Kill herself, why would she do that?” My eyes wondered around lost.

“Hope?”

“Yeah, I was just talking to her and the next hour I’m identifying her body in the morgue.”

“She was unstable Mike.”

“But I did her so wrong, I didn’t even listen to what she had to say, if you asked me right now what she came to tell me I wouldn’t know … I’ma monster my nigga.”

“Your not a monster, I should know I’ve been called one plenty times. But look I had a long talk with her on the bus ride here last month and she had told me she didn’t have anything and she told me no school would accept her.”

“That’s supposed to make me feel better?”

“No, but she also told me that the only thing she had going for her was getting better…”

“What’s your point?”

“She wasn’t getting better, she was getting worse.”

“Anyway it goes I still had love for her and when she needed me I wasn’t there.”