Chapter 16

TW: Anxiety
         Mentions of violent acts

Jin's POV

I can still remember the day that I first met Taehyung. He was so shy and introverted. My heart reached out to him. I wanted to protect him and give him the world. As time went by, he came out of his shell and became more confident. But he remained that same quiet, and cute angel that I so cherished.

Over the years we've had our differences but we've learnt how to manage each other

Over the years we've had our differences but we've learnt how to manage each other. In fact, from all the members, my VV knows me the best and I him. And now when he needs me the most, I feel so impotent with fury that I just want to kill someone.

Namjoon's phone rings and we all tense. The abductor has called already and we are now awaiting further instructions on what to do.

"Put it on speaker," the police officer instructs. And Namjoon complies.

"H-hello?"

"I see you've managed to acquire some new friends Mr Kim," the horribly eerie voice booms out into the hotel room, sending a shiver up my spine.

"I'm just trying to protect my other group members. The police are here on my instruction. Let's cut the bullshit and tell me what you want!" Namjoon says angrily, while I indicate to him that he needs to calm down.

"You're a feisty one aren't you? Well I don't fucking care for your sass! Here's what I want. I want 1 million USD in small bills, packed into 2 navy blue duffel bags, that you will buy from Target. They better be the generic kind. You will not ink the money or place a tracing device inside or I will kill your precious TaeTae. I will shoot him first on his leg, then I will break that leg. Then I will shoot his arm and I will break that too. You get my drift?" He laughed cruelly.

Namjoon wanted to scream. Jimin and Hoseok were crying already, with Jungkook and Yoongi trying to comfort them. I just wanted to murder someone.

"I want proof of life!" Namjoon demanded.

"No problem. Do you want his left pinky or his right?" He laughed at his own joke.

"You listen to me you fucker! If I find so much as a bruise on him, I will personally kill you myself!" Namjoon screamed into the device.

"I wouldn't dare. He's so pretty. I think I'd like to have some fun with him first," he chuckled darkly.

I couldn't take it any longer. I screamed and lunged at the phone. Namjoon restrained me, while they heard the man laugh again.

"Joon hyung! Jin hyung!" I heard Tae's voice scream into the phone.

"My VV! Are you okay?" I was overcome with emotion at the sound of my dongsaeng.

"I'm okay Jin hyung. Please help me! He has a gun and......."

"Awww.....now wasn't that touching? You got your proof! Now I want my money. I will call you again with the details for the drop off. And if I so much as smell one cop, I'll blow little VV's brains out! Understand!?"