Chapter 11

Tears stung his eyes. He felt like he was suffocating. He had to get out of here. And Namjoon ran the length of the hallway, unsure as to where he was headed. Then, he thought of the small balcony on the east wing of the dorm and made a beeline for it. He just needed some air.

Thoughts of Savannah ran through his mind. Her smile, the way she unconsciously flipped her wavy hair. Namjoon closed his eyes tightly, trying to block out her memories as if he were looking at them in reality. His heart ached as he pushed the door open and stepped out into the balcony.

"Joon hyung?" someone called out his name, in surprise.

Namjoon looked for the owner of the voice and was shocked.

"Jimin? What are you doing out here?"

"I...I was just getting some air hyung," he replied, a hint of sadness etched in his voice. "Are you okay hyung?"

Jimin looked at Namjoon with worry. Something didn't feel right. His hyung was panting slightly. And he seemed distracted.

"Jimineee...." Namjoon ran his fingers through his hair. "I...I just. ....I'm okay mochi," he lied.

Jimin studied Namjoon's face closely. He knew his hyung was lying but he didn't want to push him. Maybe, he wasn't comfortable confiding in him. He looked out over the buildings in front of them.

"You know hyung, out there, are so many people, each with their own trials in life. Some of them have finance issues, or are in abusive relationships, or just looking for someone to love them. Their problems seem insignificant to us and ours to them. Yet, we're all connected in some way, our lives thread with theirs and we can't see it, but somehow we all need each other."

Jimin turned to face Namjoon. He looked deeply into his troubled, thoughtful eyes.

"We need each other hyung," he whispered softly.

Namjoon was momentarily shook. He was looking at Jimin with new eyes. Namjoon never knew that Jimin could have such deep thoughts. He always treated him like a baby, someone to take care of, like a little brother. But today, something stirred within the crevices of his heart. He gulped and looked away.

"I'm hurting right now, Jimin," Namjoon said sadly, his voice hitching. He felt a lump forming in his throat. "I really like Savannah a lot but I think she and Tae have a thing," he scoffed.

"Do you know for sure, or are you assuming? I mean, did you ask them?"

"No! I mean I saw them in a compromising situation and I just ran off," he admitted.

"Hyung, sometimes what we see, is not always what is real. You should ask them. You might have misinterpreted what you saw," Jimin said.

Namjoon reflected on Jimin's words. He might actually have a point. He was wrong to just run away without first talking to them.

"Thank you Jimin. I think you might be right. Maybe I overreacted."

Namjoon tilted his head slightly, really looking at his dongsaeng. He reached out for Jimin's small hands and clasped them tightly.

"When did our Mochi become so mature? Did I miss something?" He teased Jimin.

"Awww hyung, I'm just the same, little mochi," Jimin said, with a hint of sadness in his voice.

Namjoon didn't miss his sad tone. He pulled Jimin closer and ran his fingers down the side of his cheek.

Jimin's breath hitched at his hyung's action. He closed his eyes and leaned into his touch.