Chapter 12

WARNING: This chapter may contain scenes of nudity and sexual content later on. When you see this 🔞, you may want to skip to the end.

"Jimin, you can't keep doing this. You have to find a happy place within yourself or you're going to make yourself ill!" Hoseok implored.

They were sitting in the east wing balcony, chatting about Jimin's non-existent love life. Hoseok was troubled by his mochi's sad and defeated expression.

"It's okay Hobi hyung. I've lived with this for the last 7 years. It's become like second nature for me," Jimin said, wiping away a stray tear. "Damn tears! Just betray you at the wrong time," he sniffled, hiding his face in his hands.

"Awwww Jimin," Hoseok said, reaching for his dongsaeng and hugging him. "You want me to smack him up his head a few times so he gets some sense in there?" He joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Jimin scoffed. "Ya hyung, don't you dare touch my man, or I'll tell Yoongi hyung," joking along with Hoseok.

"Oh no! Please don't! I'm really afraid of that man! He's scary!" Hoseok played along.

They both laughed, picturing their grumpy hyung getting angry. Truly, Hoseok and Yoongi had such a perfect relationship. They had vastly different personalities yet they gelled so well together. Jimin envied them. He wished he had that same kind of love that he so craved. But Namjoon would never look at him that way. Jimin's love story would forever be unrequited, as the maknae had so eloquently put it.

Jungkook

Jungkook...Kook...Kookie.
Jimin was confused with the maknae's behaviour of late. He was giving him some strange vibes. Well, he guessed he'd find out soon enough. Jungkook wasn't one to hold his tongue for long.

"Yoongi is texting me. I gotta go, huni. But you better think about what I said okay. Stop with this self loathing and move on. By the way, have you noticed how yummy our maknae is looking lately?" Hoseok winked at a stunned Jimin, waved and blew a kiss to him and left the balcony before Jimin had realised what he had just implied.

"Aaaah hyung!" Jimin squealed, realisation dawning.

Jungkook? Like really? Well, he was cute but Jimin hadn't thought of him in any way other than being his dongsaeng. Sure, they did do a lot of fanservice but it was all mostly choreographed and well thought out. Sometimes, Jimin did feel like some of it was bordering on truth, like whenever Jungkook looked at him longer than he was supposed to. Or, how he insisted on always travelling in the same car as Jimin. But Jimin had brushed it off as more fanservice.

He was lost in thought, thinking about Namjoon and pondering on Hobi's insane suggestion, when the cause of all his trepidation burst through the balcony door, completely taking him by surprise.

Later that same evening
------------------------------------

Namjoon knocked on Jimin's door. He was worried about him when he saw his tear-stained face. Jimin had been looking oddly sad and quiet these past few days and Namjoon was concerned.