Chapter Six: One for One

Should I add this to another category other than 'fan fiction'? Like romance or action, maybe? ;s

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto ran ahead of both his senseis as Deidara increased his speed. Deidara tossed a handful of his clay creations at them. Kasumi dodged a few, focused on keeping up with Naruto. She heard an explosion behind her. Then another. And another. She bit her lip and resisted the urge to look back.

She heard the loudest explosion a few moments later. She shook her head as if to clear the horrible thoughts and possibilites from her head but to no avail. “What? Kakashi Sensei?” Kasumi shook her head at Naruto. Deidara landed on a branch ahead of them and they stopped. “I get that you're a fellow Jinchuuriki, so you can't keep your cool, but jeez.” Deidara complained. “Give Gaara back!” Naruto commanded then launched himself at the blonde.

Kasumi gripped his shoulder just in time, as did Kakashi. She breathed a sigh of relief. Their eyes met for a second before they refocused on the blonde Akatsuki member. “Damn, I thought you for sure died.”

“Nope. Next time make sure your clay creatures can tell the difference between a Shadow Clone and the real thing. If there is a next time.” Deidara took off again. “Don't worry, Naruto.” Kasumi said. “We're going to get Gaara back, no matter what.”

“Naruto and I will create and opening on our end. You have to distract him, Kasumi.” She nodded.

Kakashi activated his Mangekyou Sharingan. “Kakashi Sensei, Kasumi Sensei.. it's okay if you fail. I'll settle things in the end.” Naruto assured as they continued the chase.

The Uchiha woman scaled one of the walls that surrounded them and used her speed to her advantage. She jumped onto one of the wings of the bird and grabbed Deidara from behind. Kakashi used his Space-Time Jutsu, distorting both of them. Deidara attempted to shake her off, but she just tightened her grip.

She removed one hand from around his torso to reach into her weapons pouch. She pulled out two kunai knives. She trapped his feet onto his clay bird and released the man. She hopped back onto the wing of the bird. As she was leaping from the wing to safety, another explosive came towards her. Only one foot managed to hit the ground when it exploded. She fell backwards as Deidara's remaining arm was sent to another dimension.

She roughly crashed into the freezing water. She opened her blazing red eyes and swam to the surface. She gasped for breath as she stuck her out. Kasumi spotted the clay bird in the woods and sighed. She focused chakra to the bottom of her feet and walked across the water. She again scaled the side of the wall.

She saw Deidara ahead of her, who was watching Kakashi and Naruto. “You let your guard down.” Kakashi mused as she kicked him from behind. Naruto took over from there. She jumped onto the branch with Kakashi and Naruto's clone.