Chapter Twenty-One: Pain

This is the first chapter uploaded after I redid the chapters so I hope you get use to third person point of view and past tense. Also, I apologize for it being a day late. I haven't revised this since it's Sunday and I have school tomorrow and it's almost ten o' clock at night. I will revise it tomorrow when I get home.

Thank for you being patient over the three week or so time span that it took to edit all of the chapters. You're great.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several buildings were ablaze and others were smoldering. Kasumi caught sight of the tail end of an enormous centipede as it wove in between destroyed buildings.

Her first thought was to find Kakashi. He was her other half; the second part to a two-man team. She jumped atop a nearby edifice that had only minor structural damage. Then she surveyed the area.

It seemed debris had rained down on bystanders and unsuspecting Shinobi on the streets below. Kasumi cringed at the sight of mangled arms and other limbs protruding from the wreckage.

She proceded to the next building and the next and the next, similar sights greeting her each time. Kasumi didn't see Kakashi anywhere. So, instead, she made her way to the Leaf Hospital.

Injured ninja and civilians were scattered on the hospital floor. Some were lying down on blankets while others were leaning against the walls, clutching their wounds. Kasumi spotted a flash of pink and wound her way through the injured towards her.

“Sakura!”

The said girl whirled around. “Kasumi Sensei? This is the worst day for you to return from Kiriagakure on!” Sakura cried. “I see that. Have you seen Kakashi? Or Kiyoshi?” Kasumi asked. She shook her head. “We could use you here. You shouldn't be fighting, anyway.” Kasumi nodded anxiously. “Who is attacking the village?” She questioned as she crouched down to heal someone. “Pain.. he's the leader of the Akatsuki,” Sakura answered as she, too, began to heal someone. “A lot has happened in the three weeks you've been gone. Jiraiya-sama was killed by Pain. We haven't figured very much out about him yet, but there are six of them. Each have a different power.”

Sakura stood and walked over to another one of the injured. “It's really chaotic, as you can see. Most of the civilians evacuated when the attack began. From what I've heard, they're looking for Naruto.” The ravenette paled.

“Where is he?” Sakura glanced around uneasily. Sakura leaned next to her sensei's ear. “He's training with those toads he summons. He's learning Sage Mode.” She whispered.