Chapter Thirty: Two Generations of Swordsmen

For the sake of the story, I changed Jinpachi to Jinin, since Kasumi has Jinpachi's sword. Obviously, when I thought this story up, I didn't know there would be a Shinobi War where the swordsmen who once wielded Kasumi's sword would be invovled. Enjoy!

p.s. I'm going to try to finish this story around Thanksgiving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After two weeks of being home and hearing nothing of the deployed Shinobi or more specifically, Kakashi, Kasumi was losing it.

It was two in the morning and Kasumi was trying to put Risaki back to sleep. She made the rash decision to wrap her up in a blanket and leave her apartment. She headed to Kurenai's. She knew what she had to do.

Kurenai was almost unsurprisingly wide awake when Kasumi knocked on her door. "Oh, Kasumi... Is something wrong?" Kurenai asked. "I need you to look after Risaki."

"Of course I wi-" But Kasumi wasn't finished. "No I mean for a little while. I can't just stay back here and do nothing while my students and Kakashi are on the front lines. Of course I want to stay here with Risaki and be a good mother but I can't do that. When she's older I want her to know that I didn't just stay behind or that I left because I didn't want her. I want her to know that I want to fight for her. If we don't win she won't have a future."

Kasumi's face was pleading. Kurenai nodded slowly. "I understand. If it was anyone else I'd never agree but I know you and I know that you think this is right. So I will." Kasumi embraced her friend. "Thank you," She whispered in her ear.

She handed Risaki over to her friend. Kasumi kissed her daughter's forehead. "I'll be back soon with your father," She whispered before straightening and nodding to Kurenai then darting off.

*

Kakashi was having difficulties holding his own against the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, even with the Executioner's Blade. He wished for Kasumi to be fighting alongside him, to be giving him the facts on their opponents.

Might Guy descended from the sky. "I'm Might Guy, the Hidden Leaf's Green Beast!" He proclaimed. "Sorry, I'm late, Kakashi."

Kakashi woke up the unconscious Ran and explained the plan to her. "You need to regroup." And went to protest but Guy interrupted her. "You'll only get in our way., He explained. She nodded unsurely. "Be careful." She said before running off.

"How dare you treat our comrades as if they were your toys." Guy shouted at the swordsmen. "Be careful, Guy. Kushimaru Kuriarare, who wields the Long Blade the Sewing Needle and Jinin Akebino who wields the Helmet Splitter are not to be taken lightly. Kushimaru killed his older brother and Jinin's sword has the strongest offense. We have to say focused!"

"No one is a match for the Leaf Village's invincible comrades combo!" Guy declared cheesily. Then the two pairs launched their attacks.

Guy took on Jinin and Kakashi took on Kushimaru.

Kushimaru summoned his planted wires from the ground, along with his sword. Kakashi leaped over to his comrade. "Watch out!" He said. Jinin slammed his sword into the ground, splitting it open.

Kakashi summoned a mud wall to protect themselves from the falling debris. "I thought I knew all I needed to know about the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. I underestimated their ability to heal themselves." Kakashi admitted. "Did they...?" Kakashi nodded. "They got my eye. I think it's temporary, but it's no use." Guy nodded, even though he knew Kakashi couldn't see him.

"Let's go, then." Kakashi and Guy charged their enemy. The landed on the opposite side of the newly formed ravine from Kushimaru and Jinin. "C'mon." Guy instructed.