Chapter Twenty-Two: Recovery

I'm extremely sorry for the long wait. I had two EOCs and one exam all a week apart so I've been busy for the past three weeks. But all I have are my finals now and I get out of school June Fourth, so I will be steadily updating from then on. (:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The damage was extensive. Yamato was worn out each day by using his wood Jutsu to build entire houses at a time. All the villagers and civilians assisted in the clean-up and rebuilding effort. Tent were put up as temporary shelter.

“She used Lady Katsuyu's jutsu to protect everyone. She has been unconscious ever since. We have no idea when she'll regain consciousness.” Sakura explained to Naruto, Kakashi, and Kasumi as they stood over the Fifth Hokage.

Sakura left the tent with two jugs of water and Naruto followed suit. “I'll get water for you.” He said. “Then we'll go to together.” She said descively. “Sakura-chan,” Naruto all but swooned. “Don't get the wrong idea,” Sakura said as Kakashi and Kasumi exited the tent. “If I left it up to you, who knows where you would draw water from.” Naruto's shoulders slumped. “You can trust me a little bit more than that..”

Kasumi leaned against her husband and placed a hand on her stomach. “Who would have thought?” She mused aloud. “Hm? You mean Naruto?” Kakashi asked. “Yeah. I mean, to think that just four years ago he was a scrawny kid who was all bark and no bite.”

“I know. He's really grown.” Kasumi smiled. “He's going to leave a legacy, that one.” Kakashi nodded in agreement.

The couple went for a walk. “I guess it's a good thing we didn't buy a house yet.” Kasumi said after a while. Kakashi nodded. “By the way, where is your sword?” Kakashi questioned. Her eyebrows furrowed. “Actually, I don't know.. when I was fighting Pain he tossed me aside and it landed somewhere out of reach. I didn't even think about it once he retreated.” She answered. “Maybe someone's found it, then.” Kakashi suggested. “Yeah, maybe.”

Kakashi went to dig through the rubble and debris with Genma while Kasumi went off to look for Kiyoshi. “Kasumi Sensei, look who it is!” Naruto screamed when he spotted her. She studied to two men looking back at her. Tazuna and Inari?

“Eh?! This is that cold-hearted woman from before?!” Tazuna cried. “Yes.” Kasumi answered calmly, walking towards him. “What about that other Sensei of yours? The Copy Cat Ninja?” Tazuna asked Naruto and Sakura. “He's still around. Him and Kasumi Sensei are even married and expecting a child!” Naruto cried. “Time really does change people.” Tazuna muttered. “We should get back to work. Bye, Naruto!” Inari yelled before running off. Tazuna rubbed his neck then waved before following after his grandson.

Team Kakashi watched them for a few seconds. “Have either of you seen Kiyoshi?” Kasumi asked her students. “No. I saw Satoshi earlier though. He's rebuilding a little ways north of here.” Kasumi nodded in thanks before walking off.