Chapter Ten: Reassignment

Kasumi heard a faint knock on the door to Kakashi's hospital room before it slid open. She sat up and rubbed at her eyes. “Sorry to disturb you, Kasumi, but Lady Tsunade wishes to see you.” Kasumi nodded to Shizune. Kakashi tightened his hold around his wife's hips. “I'll, uh, give you a minute.” Shizune squeaked. Kasumi chuckled and shook the silver-haired man awake.

“I have to go see Lady Tsunade.” She informed him. “Do you think it's a mission?” He asked sleepily. She shrugged. “Possibly. I'll see you when I get back.”

Kasumi pulled Kakashi's infamous mask down and kissed him for a few seconds before pulling away. “Get better soon.” She told him. “Okay.”

She straightened out her clothes a bit on the way to the Hokage's tower. She knocked on the door twice before Tsunade called her in. “You were visiting Kakashi, Shizune said.” Kasumi nodded in agreement.

“Alright then, come here.” Kasumi stepped closer and Tsunade laced her fingers together in front of her face. “Since it's your eighteenth week of pregnancy, I cannot alllow you to take on dangerous missions unless need be. I know you're better than D-ranked missions for the remainder of your pregnancy, so instead, I've assigned you to a long-term missions, which begins tomorrow. She paused to pull a file from her desk.

“You're going to train this boy.” Kasumi took the file from the Hokage's outstretched hand. “His name is Enoka Kiyoshi. He's from a small village in the Water Country. His parents were recently killed and their last wish was for him to come here and become a Shinobi. Their village has been experiencing some internal conflicts and they were close to moving here. You're going to train him until he graduates from the Academy, which he'll be enrolling in soon. He has his own accomidations.” Kasumi nodded and she scanned over Kiyoshi's file.

“Come here tomorrow at nine o' clock sharp.” Tsunade instructed.

*

Kasumi stopped by Naruto's apartment afterwards. “Kasumi Sensei?” He asked curiously. “I said I'd train you today, didn't I?” His eyes lit up. “I'll be right back!” He shut the door and Kasumi caught a glimpse of a few empty ramen cups on the floor.

A mere few moments later the door flew open again. Naruto was zipping up his favorite orange and black jacket. He stepped out into the hallway, nearly bumping into his sensei and locked the door to his apartment. “I'm ready!”