Chapter Thirteen: Old vs. New

The story is going to get more interesting soon!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Kakashi and Kasumi both got home, he informed his wife of his mission. She nodded. “How long will you be gone?” Kakashi shrugged and Kasmi frowned at the vagueness. “I'll try to be back as soon as possible. You can still go house hunting tomorrow, I trust your judgement.” She nodded and managed a small smile of reassurance.

*

Kasumi saw the Copycat Ninja off the next morning. They walked to the main gate together. Kotetsu and Izumo were there, as per usual. “Hey, Kakashi!” Izumo called with a wave. Kotetsu also waved. Kakashi waved back as they approached the gatekeepers. “Good morning, Kasumi. Are you two going on a mission together?” Kotetsu asked. “No, no, Kasumi is just seeing me off.”

Someone came through the gates, momentarily distracting the duo. Kakashi and Kasumi stood across from each other. “Be safe,” She told him quietly. “I know.” He replied.

“Really, Kakashi, if the Akatsuki show up I wa-” Kakashi cut her off. “I know.” He repeated. She sighed, but looked up at him through her eyelashes. “I love you.” She said quietly. “I love you, too.” Kakashi replied easily.

Kakashi smiled in his usual way which Kasumi found comfort it. She relaxed and ran a hand through her hair. She took a step away from him. “I guess I'll go see Naruto, Sakura, and Sai off before I go train Kiyoshi..” He nodded. “If I'm going to be longer than a week, I'll send a message to you with Pakkun.” She nodded. “All right. So long,” He sent the ravenette a backwards wave.

Kasumi stared at his retreating figure for a few more minute until he was merely a speck in her line of vision. She sighed and turned around, now heading to the west gate.

She found Team Asuma before she found her team. “Kasumi Sensei!” Ino cried. “Hey, Kasumi.” Asuma said through his ever-present cigarette. “Hello, Asuma. Are you all back together for a mission?”

“Yeah,” He replied. “We're heading to the border.” Kasumi nodded. “Kakashi's going on a mission too.. so is our team.” She sighed. “It seems the Akatsuki are progressing at a much faster rate.” She added. “Yeah, it's becoming a problem.” Asuma agreed. “What mission is your team going on?” Choji asked with his mouth full. “I'm not going. Yamato is taking over temporarily. Lady Tsunade is keeping me in the village for now.” She answered.

They heard Naruto before they saw him. “Kasumi Sensei!” He ran up to them, everyone else trailing behind him. “I wanted to see you guys off.” Kasumi told her team when they all reached her. “Good luck. I expect you back soon. Kiyoshi will want to spar with you, when you return, Naruto.”